Musselburgh Athletic 2017/18

Benny The Fish

17 hours ago, Belter1 said:

He had signed a non contract and played 60mins with one club and signed a non contract with Chorley and played a couple of games. It’s been to the sfa the fa and FIFA. The clubs appealing it. Hardly a publicity stunt. Use will be missing out on some gate money with him not playing. Could have came in handy to cover some of your wages that use have been struggling to pay.

Use??? Not sure if the last sentance of your claptrap is old news or fake news. I am not on the committee so don’t have any insight to wages that are paid to players.

Two  years ago Musselburgh were left with one signed player. Two previous players returned to the club to become the new management team. A new team was brought in, some of which, who had previously played for the team.

At the end of the season, unfortunately we were relegated. Good news for the supporters was that, I think, all the players bar two remained with the club. In the last two weeks, we have welcomed three new players to Musselburgh, one of which previous played for Musselburgh for a number of seasons.

If your point on wages is/was true and/or still valid, why would any player either sign for the club for the first time, or re-sign again if this scenario was happening? It baffles me, unless all are happy to play for nout, which I doubt.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Belter1 said:

He had signed a non contract and played 60mins with one club and signed a non contract with Chorley and played a couple of games. It’s been to the sfa the fa and FIFA. The clubs appealing it. Hardly a publicity stunt. Use will be missing out on some gate money with him not playing. Could have came in handy to cover some of your wages that use have been struggling to pay.

I don’t watch Musselburgh each week, home and away, on the basis of who is or who is not playing for the opposition. Pure and simple - I go to watch my team play, and this season, mainly have gone away happy after watching another victory. So, it would have been irrelevant if Black had been playing on Saturday or not. Hope ‘use’ enjoy your visit to Olivebank. 

Use??? Not sure if the last sentance of your claptrap is old news or fake news. I am not on the committee so don’t have any insight to wages that are paid to players.
Two  years ago Musselburgh were left with one signed player. Two previous players returned to the club to become the new management team. A new team was brought in, some of which, who had previously played for the team.
At the end of the season, unfortunately we were relegated. Good news for the supporters was that, I think, all the players bar two remained with the club. In the last two weeks, we have welcomed three new players to Musselburgh, one of which previous played for Musselburgh for a number of seasons.
If your point on wages is/was true and/or still valid, why would any player either sign for the club for the first time, or re-sign again if this scenario was happening? It baffles me, unless all are happy to play for nout, which I doubt.

Inside information on the wages. Hope it doesn’t baffle you to much.

1 hour ago, Belter1 said:

Was that the wife?

Doesn't take much to make me baffled mate. But what baffles me is if what you say is true, and again I have know Idea, why do players keep on coming to the club or keep staying?

1 hour ago, Belter1 said:

I never said that. It’s a club on the up from where they have been the last 20 years or so though.

Wasn't you Belter so sorry about that - it was your fellow supporter with the 3-lettered name - still funny though!

Even if the club is struggling to pay wages (which I do not know). If it was bothering the players that much then I can’t imagine they would still want to be at the club nor would players be signing and as far as I am aware there has been no announcement to say anybody has left. I cannot imagine the boys who turn up at the pitch week in week out are only there for the wage slip at the end of the month. Im sure they are there to play football and get out the house for a few hours a week.

And if the club is struggling to pay wages, remember the club went 8 weeks without money coming through the gate. It’s different when you’ve got a sponsor chucking money at you whenever it’s needed!

51 minutes ago, B said:

Even if the club is struggling to pay wages (which I do not know). If it was bothering the players that much then I can’t imagine they would still want to be at the club nor would players be signing and as far as I am aware there has been no announcement to say anybody has left. I cannot imagine the boys who turn up at the pitch week in week out are only there for the wage slip at the end of the month. Im sure they are there to play football and get out the house for a few hours a week.

And if the club is struggling to pay wages, remember the club went 8 weeks without money coming through the gate. It’s different when you’ve got a sponsor chucking money at you whenever it’s needed!

And when said sponsor walks away (which he will) it will go completely tits up. Again.

What’s it got to do with you? We have signed 3 proper Players. They will be paid. Unlike that joker Black who won’t because he can’t play. I’d rather have a proper Chairman and a well run club instead of some wee team that think above their stations. Good luck my friend but we all know it’s going to implode again. I wish you all the best.

9 hours ago, Benny The Fish said:

What’s it got to do with you? We have signed 3 proper Players. They will be paid. Unlike that joker Black who won’t because he can’t play. I’d rather have a proper Chairman and a well run club instead of some wee team that think above their stations. Good luck my friend but we all know it’s going to implode again. I wish you all the best.

Johnny I’m sensing a tad of jealousy pouring from you.  ‘Walk away, implode etc etc’ you know nothing about me or what I’m all about. I think that’s your wish for Tranent to fail to fall flat! Let’s get one thing straight pal, I have way to much respect for Charlie and May to put anything on social media but you need to look closure to Home than 5 mile up the road from you. Our house is in good working order, and it will be a long time before it implodes and give the rest of the committee some respect this isn’t the Matthew Wright show. You have called us an embarrassment about the Ian black situation- ok we have egg on face but we didn’t know you need FIFA clearance if you have played for 2 clubs and you can’t play for another cross boarder club in the same year. Let me tell you what’s embarrassing you steaming at Tranent the last game doing the line, and if you have any balls say it to my face today instead of social media. 

How do u know the 3 new players will be paid? Just hope it doesn’t get to the players cause weather there paid £5-£100 a week they will all be talking about the fact the club might be struggling. That’s what players do. Getting beat by Kirriemuir might be the start of it. The wages some guys will be on will cover there payments on a car or that so to say some are no doing it for money could be wrong. The money certainly helps some guys. Others just play for the fun of the game of course.

26 minutes ago, Benny The Fish said:

Natural Order

You got that right Benny. Only one result was every going to happen today - a win for Musselburgh!

Tranent only had one 'cry / shout' in the first half and that was off-side - even when the ball was in our half!

Then in the second half, the Tranent shout changed to; 'come on- there's nothing in it!'  - but there was as their team were behind 1-0. Not sure how many of them went to school!

Then when Musselburgh went 2-0 up, all of a sudden, it appeared that the Tranent team had no supporters, as all of a sudden, the supporters disappeared from the ground. They think it's all over- In truth, it was before the match started!Way to support your team!

What a satisfying way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

1 hour ago, Toffee fan said:

You got that right Benny. Only one result was every going to happen today - a win for Musselburgh!

Tranent only had one 'cry / shout' in the first half and that was off-side - even when the ball was in our half!

Then in the second half, the Tranent shout changed to; 'come on- there's nothing in it!'  - but there was as their team were behind 1-0. Not sure how many of them went to school!

Then when Musselburgh went 2-0 up, all of a sudden, it appeared that the Tranent team had no supporters, as all of a sudden, the supporters disappeared from the ground. They think it's all over- In truth, it was before the match started!Way to support your team!

What a satisfying way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

Did all 400 walk at once? 

Archived