Musselburgh Athletic 2017/18

Benny The Fish

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah!

The way the season ended, was quite glad to have a time out of watching football. But, now the first game approaches, as Rob says, cannae wait!

Looking for a win as we did on the 1st day of last season, but hopefully this time, we will keep on winning! 

In the players we trust too!

Most pleasing for me, was coming back from 2-0 down to win comfortably. Although the main man got a hat-trick,  good to see three others getting goals, and that is what we need on a regular basis. 

Second half was a joy to watch and scoring 5 goals in that period made it even better.

Hope Brad is okay after having to go off. Looked a sore one!

Looking forward to our first competitive match, on Wednesday night, against Dunbar, in a few years. Some (or all?) of it must be getting played under floodlights, since the match kicks off at 7.30pm (according to musselburgh athletic twitter)

Hopefully another 3 points to continue the great start from Saturday. Thought the boys were outstanding, and good to walk out of Olivebank talking about positives, after last season!

We've been spoilt so far with the two games played! Scored12 goals in the process and four different Musselburgh players hit the target tonight. Fighting for every ball, and a joy to watch. Hope this continues and if so, it's going to be an enjoyable season.

Stood next to a number of 'The 1934 Club' members and the banter was superb! Cheers to The Fish man for keeping a hold of my rucksack! Old age is nae use, when you walk away from your possessions!

Looking forward to the away match on Saturday against Dalkeith. Too much to expect another 6 goals?

9 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

We've been spoilt so far with the two games played! Scored12 goals in the process and four different Musselburgh players hit the target tonight. Fighting for every ball, and a joy to watch. Hope this continues and if so, it's going to be an enjoyable season.

Stood next to a number of 'The 1934 Club' members and the banter was superb! Cheers to The Fish man for keeping a hold of my rucksack! Old age is nae use, when you walk away from your possessions!

Looking forward to the away match on Saturday against Dalkeith. Too much to expect another 6 goals?

Well done to Mussy, by far the better team on the night. Can Mussy win the Premier, on this evidence, they will be in with a shout but they will come up against better teams than Dunbar were tonight, but some of the football they played was  well worth the admission fee. 

1 hour ago, imho said:

Well done to Mussy, by far the better team on the night. Can Mussy win the Premier, on this evidence, they will be in with a shout but they will come up against better teams than Dunbar were tonight, but some of the football they played was  well worth the admission fee. 

Cheers imho. Couldn't have wished for a better start to season. All at Musselburgh were gutted at being relegated last season. A lot of people, especially me, thought we were too good to go down, but when you get no points from your last 3 league games, maybe it is time to be more realistic.

Hopefully our results, and better still the two performances in the league this season, will give Musselburgh the confidence to go on and get the promotion I think they will merit!

Piddling awful weather this morning. Hopefully the sun is oot for this afternoon's game at Dalkeith and that we can witness another bright performance by the Burgh boys.

Three points will be the aim, but a few goals as in the first two games would be an added bonus. Hope there are lots of away fans to cheer the team on. Good turnout on Wednesday down at Dunbar, so be good if that continues for today!

And the hits just keep on coming!

Another sound victory for Musselburgh today. Granted that Dalkeith hit the post and had a good free kick saved in the second half, I thought that we were in complete control of the game. 

Not as good as our 2nd half performance against Tayport, nor Wednesday's match against Dunbar, but you can't fault 3 wins in a row. Good goal by Conor, but bettered by matti' header and our 3rd!

Roll on Wednesday night and hopefully another 3 points against Arniston!

Great afternoon yesterday for watching a match, and rounded off with another victory for Musselburgh.

Didn't think I'd see the day when Skip would start a match on the subs bench, so perhaps shows the current strength of our team. When he came on, played a good match. Jed was my player of the match, few headers won, played in three different positions and great running on and off the ball. 

Was a wee bit deja vu yesterday to last season, with us conceding a goal so quick after we had just scored. The pleasing bit is;the heads didn't go down, and another good win in the end. Can see that Musselburgh are playing with a lot of confidence, and games are good to watch. Stronger pool this year to previous 2-3 years, so pleasing that when players come off the bench, our standard of play remains high.

Good result tonight, with perhaps not the goals that we deserved. Didn't think that Arniston were that good, but it was still good to have a clean sheet.  

Not a stand out player for Musselburgh. Was going to give my man of the match to Ally, as he only kicked one ball out of play in the first half - must be a record. However, normality resumed in the 2nd half so sorry that Ally misses out. So my man of the match was Matty Lynch who I think had his best game in a long time. Good defending and always looking to run up the wing and assist his midfielders.

Good to hear who other Musselburgh supporters felt played well, both tonight and for the games that are coming up.

Another win last night, but Musselburgh found it a bit harder than in the previous league games. The wind, particularly in the second half made it a bit difficult, but players need to think a wee bit in these circumstances, and play to the conditions. Balls kept on skiting off the surface, so try and not hit the ball so hard?

Michael M took a sore one in the first half, so hopefully he is better for Saturday's game. Another home match, this time against Bathgate to look forward too.

Management and players must be happy with the way that season has started.

Archived