New Cumbernauld Under 19s league

Bestsinceslicebread

Well folks, that's the youth leagues all named the teams for the 2017-18 season including the east coast and north youth league
Under 19s listed on this section as I haven't checked out the other ages yet
Cumbernauld with 17 teams, Lanarkshire with 17 teams both leagues I suspect will have just one big division and the Forth Valley league having 9 teams
The Paisley league will have 3 divisions, (36 teams) and there's a new Glasgow league with 10 teams and the Ayrshire West of Scotland u19s league with 11 teams

I think most, including myself, for the Cumbernauld league were contemplating a league cup section to see what division each team will compete in but I think after last years dilemma, I think the Cumbernauld Committee will stick with one big league. So no league cup section, just a straight forward knockout league cup and have the start of august play a few games including during the week to get a few games off the fixture list. The Cumbernauld league will again have the Scottish Cup Holders (Clydebank) and the Central Regional Cup Holders (Hamilton)

On the calculation side it looks like 44 teams competing for the Central Regional Cup, (Hamilton are holders) and 45 teams, (unless the Ayrshire West of Scotland u19s teams are In it), competing in the West Regional Cup, (St Cadocs are Holders).

What's everyone's thoughts in regards to the u19s leagues and do you think its best after last years calamity that the Cumbernauld league should just stay one big league like Lanarkshire has done for the past few seasons. As at this age there's usually a few teams who fall by the wayside during the season.

What's everyone's views on all the u19s set ups especially the Cumbernauld league

Heard through the grapevine, although unofficial, that Coltswood 99s have folded. This was an excellent team lost to the wind who I believe have been going for 10 years.  Wishing all the boys find teams and sure they will and all the best to the coaches and manager of Coltswood.
Wishing everyone who was at Coltswood all the best

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw this. Coltswood folded on the 3rd of August. The night before your post. Your source must be good. ;) My son had been with them 6 years. A few of the lads have went to St Rochs u19s and a few to Hamilton Accies u19s. A couple have jumped up to u21s and I think there a few still looking. Cumbernauld league should be better as one big league, as you say teams will fall by the wayside. I don't know enough about the other leagues to comment. 

18 hours ago, markmu66 said:

Just saw this. Coltswood folded on the 3rd of August. The night before your post. Your source must be good. ;) My son had been with them 6 years. A few of the lads have went to St Rochs u19s and a few to Hamilton Accies u19s. A couple have jumped up to u21s and I think there a few still looking. Cumbernauld league should be better as one big league, as you say teams will fall by the wayside. I don't know enough about the other leagues to comment. 

Hey Markmu66
yeah such a shame
I Knew beforehand that the manager of the Coltswood 99 set up was finding it hard to continue, think last year was his 10th year. I didn't hear anyone else taking them over so was informed of such.  I'm glad most of the boys found teams and sure the other ones will do so as well.  When did your son leave Coltswood or was it the year they folded and whose he with now.  U19s is notorious for boys football as its this group where the boys start to drive, look for work and then there is girls and drink etc... so its an age group where there is less teams at U19s level

The Cumbernauld League has, well as of today, a 19 team one division and the Lanarkshire league has 16 teams in their one division and the Forth Valley league has 10 teams in the division. These 3 leagues are part of the central U19s area. There used to be a Dumbartonshire Youth 99s league but they're not running them now at U19s

Paisley and Johnstone has 3 divisions with 36 teams and heard there was a Glasgow u19s with 9 teams but not confirmed.
The West of Scotland Ayrshire league has 11 teams.
The West Lothian Youth league has 12 teams
The South East league has a 20 team league
Dundee and Angus has 12 team Division
I cant seem to find the Aberdeenshire league details but know there is 20 teams playing in league cup groups, maybe this will determine which division they play in , prob 2 x 10 team divisions.
There used to be a Perth 99s league but cant seem to find any Perth U19s league so not sure. The same goes for the Dumfries League, used to be a 99s league but cant find any U19s now.

The first league matches in the Cumbernauld division had a 15.0 win and a 12.1 win so the losing teams hopefully will find more players or if they continue to lose like that then it would not look good for the rest of the season.

SCOTTISH CUP
Scottish Cup draw was made today but as usual the SYFA having problems, so it wont be uploaded until tomorrow as per usual.
While I'm on about the SYFA I seriously don't understand why the SYFA don't just make a section listing all the leagues and their age groups and then add each team into their sections.
So easy to implement with a database and even for advertising purposes and easy to find information everyone could go to the one site.
Its the same for the regional cup OMG the next big district cup and there's not a one stop site
Their whole point in existence is development of youth so get everyone on board, information is knowledge which is and helps development
No wonder Youth Football is so disjointed, some league sites are updated well, some are not.
I don't think anyone from the SYFA reads this but SYFA get your ass in gear and stop acting like old fuddy duddies and get it sorted and act professional.:thumbsdown

Rant Over 

6 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Scottish Cup draw was made today but as usual the SYFA having problems, so it wont be uploaded until tomorrow as per usual.

What was the problem? I found the cup draws on the SYFA website last night.

7 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I cant seem to find the Aberdeenshire league details but know there is 20 teams playing in league cup groups, maybe this will determine which division they play in , prob 2 x 10 team divisions.

The ADJFA website (www.adjfa.org.uk) has 21 teams playing in 5 qualifying sections so, barring withdrawals, it should be 2 x 10/11 divisions as you say. Numbers the same as last year - 19s age group looking good in ADJFA area.

2 hours ago, Northboy said:

What was the problem? I found the cup draws on the SYFA website last night.

Hey north boy

You didn't find all the results as the central sections and the east section were not included yet.

Allegedly because the central league and east league were late sending them through. The SYFA had the details at 1.00 yesterday but just never got round to adding them. They added the first round today, well the details were online at 9.30 but second round not uploaded yet, prob still typing it out.

At least all first round ties are now added as the games are on the 2nd/3rd september so as the first round is quite close so arrangements need to be made ASAP.    I.e...  Let allocation, Transport to game for players etc...  

2 hours ago, Northboy said:

The ADJFA website (www.adjfa.org.uk) has 21 teams playing in 5 qualifying sections so, barring withdrawals, it should be 2 x 10/11 divisions as you say. Numbers the same as last year - 19s age group looking good in ADJFA area.

At the Cumbernauld league meeting a few weeks ago it was announced who was joining the league and were talking on league division formation.  Half of the team members wanted two divisions the other half wanted one division. I may add the half who wanted one division were the older ones because if it went to two division it maybe a waste as usually 4 or 5 teams fold in most leagues.

Last year Cumbernauld ended with one division with 7 teams and the other division with 9 teams. Think Cumbernauld had 7 teams fold and think Paisley had 5 teams fold and sure there was teams who had folded in the west Lothian and the East/Edinburgh leagues :(

29 minutes ago, Northboy said:

No, I was only looking at the SYFA Scottish Cup.

Yeah that's right.

the draw for the preliminary round, first round and second round are done by district. So the central section makes those draws for teams in their affiliation, same goes to the north and the East, west, South East and so on. Then once drawn the information is sent to the SYFA. They in turn display the information. When you look online on the SYFA Scottish cup draw you will see on the right side after each game the name of district area.  Then after the second rounds are all done and dusted the SYFA make the 3rd round draw all in draw  and so on at hampden, meaning you can get any team from any area in Scotland

20 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

At the Cumbernauld league meeting a few weeks ago it was announced who was joining the league and were talking on league division formation.  Half of the team members wanted two divisions the other half wanted one division. I may add the half who wanted one division were the older ones because if it went to two division it maybe a waste as usually 4 or 5 teams fold in most leagues.

Not sure what the process is for Cumbernauld. In Aberdeenshire the ADJFA has long standing, written policies for deciding league sizes at each age group. If I recall, at 19s they have one division if up to 16 teams entered, beyond that it is 2 divisions. My son's team played in a single division of 16 a few years back - it was more games but this was balanced out a bit by not having to play games in the qualifying sections.

14 minutes ago, Northboy said:

Not sure what the process is for Cumbernauld. In Aberdeenshire the ADJFA has long standing, written policies for deciding league sizes at each age group. If I recall, at 19s they have one division if up to 16 teams entered, beyond that it is 2 divisions. My son's team played in a single division of 16 a few years back - it was more games but this was balanced out a bit by not having to play games in the qualifying sections.

It's a bit different down here as lots of teams can choose any league to join as they are close enough. Meaning a team could be in the Paisley league and then join the Cumbernauld or the Lanarkshire league the following year or visa versa. This means league set up is determined each year once they know how many teams are in the league cause there could be big difference the following year. Think Cumbernauld received 2 x u19 teams who played in the Lanarkshire league last year.

If I remember correctly a few years ago Antonine won the Dunbartonshire league but then joined the Paisley league the following year. Thinking back I remember the Glasgow league at 99s folded in 2014 or 2013 so Cumbernauld received 7 teams and I think Paisley received 3 teams.

10 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

It's a bit different down here as lots of teams can choose any league to join as they are close enough. Meaning a team could be in the Paisley league and then join the Cumbernauld or the Lanarkshire league the following year or visa versa. This means league set up is determined each year once they know how many teams are in the league cause there could be big difference the following year. Think Cumbernauld received 2 x u19 teams who played in the Lanarkshire league last year.

If I remember correctly a few years ago Antonine won the Dunbartonshire league but then joined the Paisley league the following year. Thinking back I remember the Glasgow league at 99s folded in 2014 or 2013 so Cumbernauld received 7 teams and I think Paisley received 3 teams.

I can see how that makes it complicated!

Archived