FA Cup 2017/18

Eednud

It’s not. Walker’s decent but there’s far, far better out there. 

“Far, far better out there”

Who? I won’t even try and argue that there aren’t better right backs than him but who are all these players that are miles ahead of him?

Walker isn’t just in that team based on his nationality, it helps he’s English but he’s been brilliant this season in a City team that have been scooshing the league and are on their way to at the very least the quarters of the Champions League.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably one or two around Europe. Not many in England. But interested in some examples?

Off the top of my head - Carvajal, Kimmich, Meunier.

Also, despite being at the arse end of his career, Dani Alves still pisses all over Kyle Walker.

And Tav.

Also, despite being at the arse end of his career, Dani Alves still pisses all over Kyle Walker.

And Tav.

Ok, so you have chosen quality defenders from Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and PSG to defend your point that Walker is shite. Kind of suggests he’s up there with the best in Europe and certainly one of the best in England tbh,,,

Seen worse exchanges at the Somerset Park fence than that damp squib. Not to mention the time when two gormless Ayr fans ran on the pitch to 'goad' after getting, err,  relegated at Cappielow and got swiftly battered by a lone bampot from the Cowshed. :lol:

And Tav.

So 4 players, couple of debatable ones there too surely. ‘Far, far better’ was maybe pushing it?

Dani Alves is a favourite of mine and I like Lichsteiner at Juve too. But as Roman just pointed out you’ve got the starters at Bayern/Real Madrid and PSG in there? Can’t be that bad

Ok, so you have chosen quality defenders from Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and PSG to defend your point that Walker is shite. Kind of suggests he’s up there with the best in Europe and certainly one of the best in England tbh,,,

Seeing as you’re struggling with what I actually said:

It’s not. Walker’s decent but there’s far, far better out there. 

Probably one or two around Europe. Not many in England. But interested in some examples?

You asked for examples. I gave you examples.

Walker’s in that best of the rest type-category but is defensively suspect and going forward his crossing is usually pretty poor.

You asked for examples. I gave you examples.

Walker’s in that best of the rest type-category but is defensively suspect and going forward his crossing is usually pretty poor.

To be fair you didn’t, others did. However given the choice of your defence I still think all you did is compliment his level.
But we’ll agree to differ..l

To be fair you didn’t, others did. However given the choice of your defence I still think all you did is compliment his level.

I will compliment his level. I like Walker and thought he was great for most of his last two or three seasons at Spurs, until his head got turned. But my point was only ever that there are better right backs out there and Pep has a homegrown contingent to adhere to which at the moment works in Walkers favour.

ETA: Probably likely to rouse some opinion, but I also think that Bellerín is arguably better than Walker. Certainly going forward he is. His only issue is that he plays for the forever failing Arsenal, with a bunch of powder-puff pushovers around him, and a defensively inept manager in the dugout.

Agree with this. If Walker wasn’t English I think it would be a different story for a lot of folk. Very good defender even if it’s not his main strength and great going forward, lightning quick too.

8 hours ago, virginton said:

Seen worse exchanges at the Somerset Park fence than that damp squib. Not to mention the time when two gormless Ayr fans ran on the pitch to 'goad' after getting, err,  relegated at Cappielow and got swiftly battered by a lone bampot from the Cowshed. :lol:

Incorrect. There were two Morton fans (one hilariously fat oaf and one wearing a full Valencia tracksuit :lol:) that came running across to goad. To be fair to them it actually worked on a couple of losers from the Ayr end.

9 hours ago, Jimmy85 said:

I’d suggest you show a bit more respect when replying to the 7th best poster in the entire history of this website 

2nd best going by the proper criteria.

9 hours ago, virginton said:

Your memory is very poor, shellsuit bob from the shed was goading Ayr fans and the worst scrapper in the Ayr end decided to enter the pitch and have a go,  Ayr fan number 2 entered the fray and had a wee rumble with the steward over at the shed.

Archived