FA Cup 2017/18

Eednud

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Can you block people on the app? That rab c**t is beyond tedious with his Liverpool pish.

:lol: 

7 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

^^^Big teams found.

Take your pick Joey I’ve been at the last 7 :lol: 

9 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Alonso is left footed is he no?

Yeah, it looked like he had a clear chance to hit it with his right but hesitated until it was on his left 

Just in case anyone was unaware, (like me  :1eye)   :-

As of 2016, players who commit a foul to deny a goalscoring opportunity will no longer automatically be sent off.The previous 'triple-punishment' rule required a red card - and therefore a suspension - as well as the award of a penalty under circumstances.However, players committing accidental fouls that deny a goalscoring chance are now cautioned instead - as Jones was.

...but why should a player be cautioned for an accidental foul?

34 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Just in case anyone was unaware, (like me  :1eye)   :-

...but why should a player be cautioned for an accidental foul?

Nowhere in the laws of the game does it mention "accidental foul" http://www.theifab.com/laws/fouls-and-misconduct/chapters/disciplinary-action

Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offender is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off.

Yeah, it looked like he had a clear chance to hit it with his right but hesitated until it was on his left 

Apologies, I seem to have missed this chance I thought you were on about the one he should’ve just took first time on his left but took it on his right and hit it right at the keeper

19 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Apologies, I seem to have missed this chance I thought you were on about the one he should’ve just took first time on his left but took it on his right and hit it right at the keeper

To me he had the best chance with his right, but tried to position it for his left, the opening closed and he was forced to move onto his right. 

Funny how folk see things different. 

33 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

One team scoring a penalty then defending with 8 men, one team playing as if they don't know how to score. What an awful awful game of football that was.

That was always going to be the case no matter which team scored.  Why people were expecting an end of season bonanza is a baffler.

5 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

That was always going to be the case no matter which team scored.  Why people were expecting an end of season bonanza is a baffler.

I wasn't expecting a 4-3 thriller but it was an awful game. It was a good defensive display from Chelsea but Manchester United were really really bad. It was like watching a defensive training drill at times.

5 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I wasn't expecting a 4-3 thriller but it was an awful game. It was a good defensive display from Chelsea but Manchester United were really really bad. It was like watching a defensive training drill at times.

That wasn't a go at you, just a general reflection as there were a load of comments about it yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

That is pathetic. Further evidence that makes me so happy I don’t support a “big” plastic club with day trippers as the core support.

The same here HM. 

Archived