FA Cup 2017/18

Eednud

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just an offer at this stage.  Can't see the FA's old farts wanting their penis extension sold and their team having to actually go to where the north of Watford riff raff live to play games.

3 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Nor is Wembley, which is to be sold for £800m to the owner of Fulham and the Jacksonville Jaguars, The FA has announced. England national team to be homeless again.

They are actually only getting £500m as they will keep the hospitality business valued at £300m.*

And then there should be an inquiry into whether the FA should pay back the £120m that was given in public funds for the stadium. Unlikely but where is the public value for money?

Regardless of that. £500m is still not a lot for the FA. They have an annual spend of £130m on footballing investment, where they plan for this money to go. And if this is a long term plan for extra coaches or facilities with upkeep then the £500m needs to be spread across a number of years. It seems like a very shortsighted plan.

*The reason the FA keep this business is so they can't move England games and semi-finals to more appropriate stadiums without shrinking their own income.

10 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

A quick look at Club Wembley shows the value some pay for those seats http://www.clubwembley.com/

Of topic but Hampden/SFA face a similar issue with the Debenture holders at Hampden which mature in 2019. It raised over 5 million in 1999 so they will need to pay this back then. 

Can't Hampden (assuming the SFA commit again long term) just sell new Debentures after the current scheme matures, assuming they don't have the £5m (or ability to finance it in other ways)

Wembley apparently cost £798 million to build in 2007, equal to £1.09 billion today,  and is valued as English football's spiritual home, 'the home of world football', where England won the World Cup etc etc, is in London,  yet they're going to flog the actual stadium for £600 million. That's weird.

8 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Wembley apparently cost £798 million to build in 2007, equal to £1.09 billion today,  and is valued as English football's spiritual home, 'the home of world football', where England won the World Cup etc etc, is in London,  yet they're going to flog the actual stadium for £600 million. That's weird.

The fact that they are basically selling it at cost is another mind blowing thing.

If this billionaire wanted a differnet stadium in London how much would he have to pay for just the land? I guess he could try and buy Chelsea, Arsenal or Tottenham for the £600m and be laughed out the room. The London Stadium is a shambles and there is little to no chance the RFU sell Twickenham.

But apparently it is a buyers market.

• 3 weeks later...
Is this on bbc as well?

I thought it was but the Scottish cup was still on BBC 1 and I switched over to BBC 2 and the beechgrove garden was on so I'm watching on BT instead. Seems like this isn't on BBC until kick off.

Guest DAVIDB69

I thought it was but the Scottish cup was still on BBC 1 and I switched over to BBC 2 and the beechgrove garden was on so I'm watching on BT instead. Seems like this isn't on BBC until kick off.

BBC England have been on for hours we got that Scottish thingy

1 minute ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Beechgrove garden sounds like a decent shout tbh.

Carole now talking about ribbed cucumbers. 

After the snoozefest of the SC Final, this better be good. Used to be excited by "Final weekend", its just a slog these days. 

It's ridiculous that United still start with Valencia, Smalling, Jones and Young, while £100 million pounds worth of replacement defenders either sit on the bench or watch it on tv.  

Archived