FA Cup 2017/18

Eednud

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't think it was a foul. Graham Poll literally making up rules.
Did he not even start his nonsense with "the rules state..." or some such claim?

At least it's not his job or anything.

Went to the Southampton semi-final yesterday. Deflated atmosphere, £5.70 for the cheapest bit of food on the menu (a hot dog) and not enough toilets. Climbing up the stairs to your seat there are little slogans like "I love you" and images of pop stars who played at the old Wembley - hardly "the home of football".

Interesting game in the stadium tbh, Southampton's back 5 were orderly and effectively snuffed out Chelsea's attack in the first half. I was sat in line with them and it was pleasant to watch, albeit not exciting. Whenever Southampton's full backs pushed up and they operated as 5 in midfield it was a 50/50 game. Chelsea pretty loose with the ball. A few good chances for Southampton - one disallowed, one off the post, and the Shane Long touch around the 'keeper. Could have gone differently. Disappointing for them.

Went to the Southampton semi-final yesterday. Deflated atmosphere, £5.70 for the cheapest bit of food on the menu (a hot dog) and not enough toilets. Climbing up the stairs to your seat there are little slogans like "I love you" and images of pop stars who played at the old Wembley - hardly "the home of football".

Interesting game in the stadium tbh,

Been to Wembley twice and not a fan at all. Impressive as a structure but more in the way that the Hydro is impressive rather than a stadium. very much like the Hydro actually

Most England fans I know (and that's quite a few as a lived down there for 8 years), don't like it either and want England to travel around the country, at least for friendlies. Many loyal fans actually live in northern England and for them it's quite a journey to London each time. They'd love to see the odd game in places like Manchester, like what happened when Wembley was being rebuilt.

Been there twice myself, once for a League 2 play-off final (AFC Wimbledon v Plymouth) and once for a Spurs game (v AFC Wimbledon, FA Cup 3rd round this season). I quite agree with the posters above me, not my favourite either. Spurs fans I spoke to before and after the FA Cup game literally can't wait to go back home.

I've been once for football (England vs Scotland for the friendly a while back) and a couple of times for gigs, and I quite like the place.  Granted, you're not going to get an old style atmosphere in it, but it's an impressive stadium for what it is.  The atmosphere where i was sitting for the Scotland game was brilliant, but you could tell outwith that, it was piss poor.

Been twice, once for the Scotland game and a Championship playoff final. Both times the atmosphere was great so can’t complain, but those are games that would have a good atmosphere almost anywhere so can’t really judge what it’s like normally.

Went to watch American Football there and really enjoyed the ground and atmosphere. Decent system of getting the crowds out as well. Something I can't say about London Stadium.

On 24/04/2018 at 20:20, 19QOS19 said:

Went to watch American Football there and really enjoyed the ground and atmosphere. Decent system of getting the crowds out as well. Something I can't say about London Stadium.

London Stadium is awful. Doesn’t help having the scum of the earth filling it and making it an even more horrible place.

Been to the new Wembley 10 times. 2 FA Cup semi finals, 1 FA Cup Final and 2 League Cup finals all with Liverpool.  It’s a brilliant stadium but very difficult to get an atmosphere going all different pockets of fans trying to start songs at different times. 

Also been to Spurs v Liverpool as an away fan great set up with 3000 pitch side seats, Barcelona v Liverpool in a friendly, Olympic Mens Football semi final, Women's FA Cup Final and England v Scotland. 

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

London Stadium is awful. Doesn’t help having the scum of the earth filling it and making it an even more horrible place.

Behave yourself. It’s still a great ground and location with the London sky line around it. 

3 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Not that you're biased or anythingemoji1.png

Why would I be biased against West Ham fans? 

58 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Behave yourself. It’s still a great ground and location with the London sky line around it. 

It’s an impressive athletics stadium, no doubt. It’s not great for football though, and the fans make it an uncomfortable experience. I felt terrible for the women in particular.

Archived