FA Cup 2017/18

Eednud

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Albertlegend said:

Although walker let the ball go through him, how slow was Stones chasing Griggs?? He looked like he was pulling a caravan!

As for Kyle Walker I think he is a decent player, he is a supreme athlete without being that good with the ball. 

Who was chasing the center back when he broke forward late on?  The CB looked like he was running in treacle on stumps and he still beat whoever the City player was.

I'd be able to understand the wanting to see better games with better teams in them if there wasn't a decent chance those games would be shit. You'd think people would realise by now that lots of quality on the park isn't a guarantee of a great game of football. Far from it infact.

It's not even that the matches between the top teams are shit, though they often are. I struggle to get into a match if I can't pick a team that I want to win. Why should I give a shit if Man United play Chelsea for the six millionth time? They're both c***s so I have no interest.

8 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

I'd be able to understand the wanting to see better games with better teams in them if there wasn't a decent chance those games would be shit. You'd think people would realise by now that lots of quality on the park isn't a guarantee of a great game of football. Far from it infact.

Absolutely this.  If the quarter finals of the FA Cup just ended up being the top 8 from the Premier League, then that would be tedious, and only worth watching to fans of those teams, people that call the game "footie" and the league "the prem".  Cretins in other words.  Like you I could understand if every match ended up being a classic, but that's rarely the case.  Particularly if some of these sides are still in the Champions League, as it'll reduce any FA Cup games into seeing who can rest the most players without getting put out.  Yay.

Anyway, I'd much rather see more interesting or entertaining games than this modern football shite of "seeing the best players on the pitch".  The Scottish Cup games that were on the BBC have been consistently better to watch for a number of years now - is it because the quality is better?  Absolutely not, but they've still been interesting to watch.  Wigan/City was interesting to watch without having that much quality.

...is the correct answer. Anyone who wanted Man City to beat Wigan is OFTW.

So, the fact that I have followed City, as my second team since 1976 from the days of Corrigan, Hartford, Summerbee, Barnes and many other great players, to watching them in League One scramble past Gillingham in a play-off to reach the Championship, then being taken over by Arab sheiks and become successful makes me OFTW?

I’ll agree there’s a lot of Glory Hunters out there but it’s a bit unfair to paint everyone in the same light.

Archived