FA Cup 2017/18

Eednud

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

*Two Huddersfield players immediately stick their hands up for offside as the ball is played to Mata.*

Scholes: "I don't even think a Huddersfield player was claiming for offside." 

TBF if the bloke nearest to mata had bothered more about trying to stop him scoring rather than waving his arms about appealing - he probably would have done !

24 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

I can't understand why they have given that as offside, even with the "adjusted" lines drawn by and adult with a ruler and not a 5 year old child.

I thought the idea was, as in Rugby and NFL, that there has to be conclusive proof to overturn the decision on the pitch.

It is not an obvious mistake. There is no angle that conclusively shows when the ball leaves Young's foot so trying to pin down the exact frame and draw lines is an impossible task. It is not a "clear and obvious error" therefore VAR should not have overturned the linesman's decision.

interesting (sic) to get the female, non-footballing fan's take on the thrilling - and >still< ongoing - VAR debate, courtesy of mrs H, who's just looked up from her knitting and said "ferchris'sake why don't they just fucking shut up about it" !

Guest Moomintroll

Decisions like that one tonight will ruin the whole process. It is supposed to overturn glaring errors, if it instead is used to over turn a marginal judgement call then get it in the sea.

Archived