FA Cup 2017/18

Eednud

well - i guess that's nailed the myth that the brighton/palace thing is a "proper grown up derby" given that the ground was less than half-full for a third round cup tie; absolute nonsence being put about that the rail strikes inhibited the attendance, too - palace end was full enough which leaves about 12,000 out of a potential 28,000 B&HA fans having bothered to turn up which is piss-poor by any stretch of the imagination...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

well - i guess that's nailed the myth that the brighton/palace thing is a "proper grown up derby" given that the ground was less than half-full for a third round cup tie; absolute nonsence being put about that the rail strikes inhibited the attendance, too - palace end was full enough which leaves about 12,000 out of a potential 28,000 B&HA fans having bothered to turn up which is piss-poor by any stretch of the imagination...

Suppose it was a Monday night Herman but like the Middlesbrough v Sunderland game a very poor crowd. 

1 hour ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Suppose it was a Monday night Herman but like the Middlesbrough v Sunderland game a very poor crowd. 

Okay I'll bite if you're despearate for it Rab. A poor crowd not filling it, must be too used to beating them these days, not much of a contest. 

Still, population:attendance ratio far better than the mighty Liverpool. 

Okay I'll bite if you're despearate for it Rab. A poor crowd not filling it, must be too used to beating them these days, not much of a contest. 

But that’s only cause Liverpool’s stadium isn’t bigger

Not that I have any opinion on the Boro v Sunderland crowd

10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

But that’s only cause Liverpool’s stadium isn’t bigger

Not that I have any opinion on the Boro v Sunderland crowd

And when Boro were in the PL and sold out every week, the stadium also could've been bigger. 

Would Liverpool get 115,000+ every week? If not then still a better ratio.

What were you looking for Twinkle? 
Maybe a clash between 2 of the top 5 clubs or perhaps a top 5 club away at a potentially tricky club. These 5 clubs have a stroll into the next round

I don't think there are any easy ties as such these days. It all depends on the strength of team the top clubs put out. Arsenal obviously concentrating more on the Milk Cup semi final this week being this week.

The FA Cup is a bit of a distraction to the big clubs these days, which is a shame really. There should be a bigger incentive to the club that wins it.

6 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Population/attendance ratio is hardly a good bat to use. Boro aren't sharing their population with any other club, whilst Liverpool are.

In other news just read that your much loved ex Boro man Karanka has been appointed Nottm Forest boss.

31 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Population/attendance ratio is hardly a good bat to use. Boro aren't sharing their population with any other club, whilst Liverpool are.

The population of Liverpool is over 460,000, theres just over 170,000 in Middlesborough.

50 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

In other news just read that your much loved ex Boro man Karanka has been appointed Nottm Forest boss.

True. Liverpool have to try and convince their fans to support them as opposed to the more local Molde or Rosenborg.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

True. Liverpool have to try and convince their fans to support them as opposed to the more local Molde or Rosenborg.

Just think Accie, Egil the Kop season ticket holder from Molde has seen Everton more times than you :lol: 

7 hours ago, Twinkle said:
21 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:
What were you looking for Twinkle? 

Maybe a clash between 2 of the top 5 clubs or perhaps a top 5 club away at a potentially tricky club. These 5 clubs have a stroll into the next round

They’ll come later on and we all know how exciting they usually turn out anyway. Just enjoy it for it is. 

The first time Liverpool have met West Brom in the FA Cup for 50 years. 

9 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Not at all HM you’ve got me all wrong. I don’t even have to answer either others have picked all the holes already must be my lucky day. 

:) 

Regardless of this population/attendance ratio whataboutery; As 1320Lichtie mentioned previously, its only because Anfield isn’t bigger.

Archived