No Sense in East Premier League Opening Fixtures

Dreghorn

Junior football is run by amateurs.  Not only can the administrators not provide a full fixture list for the season they cannot even prepare a sensible list for the first 6 weeks.  To illustrate this have a look at the opening fixtures for the East Premier League involving East Lothian Clubs.  There are 4 clubs from East Lothian, Musselburgh, Haddington, Tranent and Dunbar.  For the first time since League reorganisation all 4 clubs are in the same division.  However for each of the first 6 Saturdays the match secretary has chosen to either have all 4 teams playing at home or all 4 teams playing away.  For the neutral junior supporter who will get along to one of his nearest home games this is baffling.  Would the fixtures secretary like to explain his reasoning?

...at least its not the fault of Maryhill this time. :)

12 hours ago, Dreghorn said:

Junior football is run by amateurs.  Not only can the administrators not provide a full fixture list for the season they cannot even prepare a sensible list for the first 6 weeks.  To illustrate this have a look at the opening fixtures for the East Premier League involving East Lothian Clubs.  There are 4 clubs from East Lothian, Musselburgh, Haddington, Tranent and Dunbar.  For the first time since League reorganisation all 4 clubs are in the same division.  However for each of the first 6 Saturdays the match secretary has chosen to either have all 4 teams playing at home or all 4 teams playing away.  For the neutral junior supporter who will get along to one of his nearest home games this is baffling.  Would the fixtures secretary like to explain his reasoning?

If you want neutrals going to more games then ask why all the midweeks are on the same day and not a mix of Tuesday and Wednesday. 

4 minutes ago, The Faceman said:

If you want neutrals going to more games then ask why all the midweeks are on the same day and not a mix of Tuesday and Wednesday. 

There's nothing to stop clubs from switching fixtures from Wednesday to Tuesday if there's a desire to do so.  See Fauldhouse v Whitburn next week as an example.

25 minutes ago, jaggywaggy said:

There's nothing to stop clubs from switching fixtures from Wednesday to Tuesday if there's a desire to do so.  See Fauldhouse v Whitburn next week as an example.

That's my point. Having a go at the fixtures man about it is slightly unfair 

If clubs want to attract more neutrals follow Fauldhouse and Whitburn and I believe Carnoustie and Lochee..................well don't Everyone change or we will be back at Square 1

14 hours ago, Dreghorn said:

I don't know of any League that considers where other teams are playing other than dundee and dundee utd for safety

5 hours ago, jaggywaggy said:

Perhaps it shouldn't be left to clubs to agree a change in the first place.  There's two midweek rounds, split it across Tue/Wed both weeks and try and ensure that clubs playing on a Wednesday one week play on the Tuesday on the other.  Might even attract a few more through the gate.

The Fauldhouse/Whitburn switch was due to pitch issues, otherwise there wouldn't have been a change.

54 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Perhaps it shouldn't be left to clubs to agree a change in the first place.  There's two midweek rounds, split it across Tue/Wed both weeks and try and ensure that clubs playing on a Wednesday one week play on the Tuesday on the other.  Might even attract a few more through the gate.

The Fauldhouse/Whitburn switch was due to pitch issues, otherwise there wouldn't have been a change.

You'd still find people who wouldn't be happy about the scheduling.

Not when for example had this happened in super leagues. If linlithgow very Camelon moved to Tuesday I'd miss it so I'm back shift and as my Mrs goes but wouldn't go herself it would cost the rose £12. So could be others including players like that

You'd still find people who wouldn't be happy about the scheduling.

There always will be, but at least this way you don't have all games on at the same time, so no chance of attracting neutrals who fancy going to another game as well as their own.

Not when for example had this happened in super leagues. If linlithgow very Camelon moved to Tuesday I'd miss it so I'm back shift and as my Mrs goes but wouldn't go herself it would cost the rose £12. So could be others including players like that

You can't please everyone, but let's try something a bit different to try an improve things.

4 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Speak for yourself. I'm off on Tuesday and working Wednesday evening!!

I would say that there's enough for the fixtures man to consider when creating the first eight weeks matchups without trying to space out the games geographically.

The Tuesday/Wednesday split is worth trying if clubs get enough notice. 

2 hours ago, patriot1 said:

Speak for yourself. I'm off on Tuesday and working Wednesday evening!!

I would say that there's enough for the fixtures man to consider when creating the first eight weeks matchups without trying to space out the games geographically.

The Tuesday/Wednesday split is worth trying if clubs get enough notice. 

They have been out for at least 6 weeks!

Archived