Rob Roy New Stadium Planning Permission Granted

rednblack

20 hours ago, rednblack said:

At long last after a 10 year struggle and 3 years homeless the Roy are finally heading back to Kirky after the council today approved the plans submitted last month.

The project will be in two phases in a great location near the towns canal marina less than a mile from the old ground.

The first phase will be funded by Rob Roy while the first phase is being built the club will be seeking funding from different bodies (this process has been ongoing for a while) to finish off phase two .

Single storey Community Sports Facility building with a full size 3G Sports Pitch, Multi-purpose Sports Pitch (3 sevens pitches) , community building with changing facilities and associated car and bus parking.

The development will be delivered in phases;

Phase 1 - Latest FIFA approved 3G Pitch, 500 seated covered Stand, car/bus park and single storey building with Social club facilities and Changing rooms.

Phase 2 - Multi-purpose sports pitch, double height Community hall and upper floor Community facilities.

81ae84d3ea54f0751a7caa24c99ef549.jpg0b9ccdf3a7161c640e59f4419213a154.jpg185b4ff54c53bc27b465496810c86e3e.jpg

Very ambitious, looks tremendous! Taking into consideration how long it has taken to get here I imagine getting the funding for phase two will be a massive challenge. Good luck to all concerned if it comes off it will be tremendous!

I may have joked about Rob Roy being homeless ...all a bit of banter.....but great to see the plans,looks the business 

Took in my 1st visit to Rockburn Park Bellshill on wednesday. ..a club looking to be benefiting from being back in their home Town.....must be a struggle all those years away in another Town....

Rob Roy have done well the last few seasons and being back in Kirky will only make them better imo

^^ We're all having a whip round for them, mate...don't worry about it...

Seriously though,...We know you can sometimes be a bit of a pr*ck Brian (and your other user names) and we all take the pish out of you from time to time, but we also sort of know that your heart is in the right place so this is a great piece of news for yourself, the club, and the good people of Kirkie.

I hope that it works out and your team has a place to call home.

It looks crap, mind you, but at least it'll be yer ain.

Presumably Rob Roy won't own the stadium but will be granted a long lease in exchange for their contribution towards the  development cost?Interested to understand the model here as many junior clubs could be looking at similar going forward.

11 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Presumably Rob Roy won't own the stadium but will be granted a long lease in exchange for their contribution towards the  development cost?Interested to understand the model here as many junior clubs could be looking at similar going forward.

Great idea but it depends on the local authority. What happens when the local authority has numerous Junior clubs in the area. Does it help one and miss out another. In the 21st Century the community sport hub is a great idea as long nobody falls out or costs to the club don't go overboard.

Agree-it makes complete sense to have shared facilities on a multi purpose basis and indeed any planning consent granted for a sporting development will include conditions requiring this.I am interested in the ownership and funding model here as KRR will be injecting some capital here presumably from the sale receipts of Adamslie for the first phase and then appear to need to raise further finance for the second phase.I am assuming that if the local authority are the landowners they are not intending selling the site in addition to KRR-likely that indeed the land cost plus development cost would exceed the funds available to KRR.

There was a case on here within the last couple of seasons were a Junior team played in the local community sports hub and a brainless council worker effed off to Spain on holiday, with the key to the kit room. Strips, training gear, the lot. Game cancelled.

5 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

Agree-it makes complete sense to have shared facilities on a multi purpose basis and indeed any planning consent granted for a sporting development will include conditions requiring this.I am interested in the ownership and funding model here as KRR will be injecting some capital here presumably from the sale receipts of Adamslie for the first phase and then appear to need to raise further finance for the second phase.I am assuming that if the local authority are the landowners they are not intending selling the site in addition to KRR-likely that indeed the land cost plus development cost would exceed the funds available to KRR.

EDC are ponying up a contribution of £1million pounds for this development as well as the unseen cost of the value of the land. The remainder is a mixture of KRR`s contribution and the subsequent grant funding (if it`s achieved/realized). The lease will be in favour of Kirkintilloch Community Sports Club (KRR are members of said club along with several minority sports clubs) 

Archived