The Daily Express

Fide

After years of headlines about the weather and immigrants, the Daily Express has outdone itself today with the most vomit inducing headline in modern history:

DGQMiKpUQAEk6hC.jpg:large

What an utterly shite rag.  I can't decide what's worse between this pish and the Daily Mail.  Thoughts?

I've never ready the Daily Express. I've recently become exposed to The Scottish Daily Mail though as some guy brings one into work every morning. It's like one big piece of satire. It has an absolute hard-won for Nicola Sturgeon, every other story is about her or the SNP. The rest is just brexit and racism.

Daily Telegraph - Posh Racist Crap

Daily Mail - Want to be Posh Racist/Brexit Crap + Di

Daily Express - Single syllable version of the Racist/Brexit Daily Mail

Daily Record - OF Crap + west coast Jeremy Kyle standard stories

Scottish Daily Mail - Self-Loathing version of Daily Mail as it hates the idea of anything other than a United Kingdom free from Johnny Foreigner and his EU ways,

and the idea of recognising an individual constitute part of the UK in it's title makes it loath itself.

I avoid them all.

5 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

I was coming on to post this exact thing. Viz would be proud of that one.

ETA: Express is definitely worse than the Mail. There's news articles on Alien sightings and Jesus's face being found on Titan and the like. 

22 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Good grief. I thought that was a parody at first :lol:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/836123/Princess-diana-death-Kate-Middleton-Meghan-Markle

Just now, Romeo said:

I am utterly amazed that people still buy any form of "news"paper

The Sunday Post football section is pretty excellent. Decent length match reports for every game, right down to HL and LL, stats boxes, decent interviews and little of the Daily Record style <FORMER RANGERS/CELTIC STAR* THINKS OLD CLUB CAN WIN GAME> drivel. The Guardian and Scotsman can be pretty decent ways of killing a journey too. Unfortunately people seem more attracted to papers like the Record/Sun/Mail and Express with their sensationalist headlines, and I'm not really sure why. I think it's just becomes a lazy habit.

*Star = Was once on their books, even if it was just for 1 game as a youth trialist.

14 minutes ago, Romeo said:

I quite like reading a paper or magazine in certain circumstances (like on a train, lounging by the pool etc). I find The Sun least offensive of all as it's not especially preachy and has a bit of a sense of humour unlike most rags. Stuff like the Mail is incredible. Must be an incredibly foul bunch of people that churn out pish like that. 

1 hour ago, MEADOWXI said:

Daily Telegraph - Posh Racist Crap

Daily Mail - Want to be Posh Racist/Brexit Crap + Di

Daily Express - Single syllable version of the Racist/Brexit Daily Mail

Daily Record - OF Crap + west coast Jeremy Kyle standard stories

Scottish Daily Mail - Self-Loathing version of Daily Mail as it hates the idea of anything other than a United Kingdom free from Johnny Foreigner and his EU ways,

and the idea of recognising an individual constitute part of the UK in it's title makes it loath itself.

I avoid them all.

Probably OT as there's no reference to the Express, however in the words of Jim Hacker:

Hacker: Don't tell me about the press. I know exactly who reads the papers. The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country; The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country; The Times is read by the people who actually do run the country; the Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country; the Financial Times is read by people who own the country; the Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country, and the Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is.

Sir Humphrey: Prime Minister, what about the people who read The Sun?

Bernard: Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits.

1 hour ago, Fide said:

After years of headlines about the weather and immigrants, the Daily Express has outdone itself today with the most vomit inducing headline in modern history:

DGQMiKpUQAEk6hC.jpg:large

What an utterly shite rag.  I can't decide what's worse between this pish or the Daily Mail.  Thoughts?

A bit like asking what's your favourite tropical disease?  Same sort of discussion I would say.

35 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Good grief. I thought that was a parody at first :lol:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/836123/Princess-diana-death-Kate-Middleton-Meghan-Markle

The Sunday Post football section is pretty excellent. Decent length match reports for every game, right down to HL and LL, stats boxes, decent interviews and little of the Daily Record style <FORMER RANGERS/CELTIC STAR* THINKS OLD CLUB CAN WIN GAME> drivel. The Guardian and Scotsman can be pretty decent ways of killing a journey too. Unfortunately people seem more attracted to papers comics like the Record/Sun/Mail and Express with their sensationalist headlines, and I'm not really sure why. I think it's just becomes a lazy habit.

*Star = Was once on their books, even if it was just for 1 game as a youth trialist.

There you go

Managed to avoid having anything to do with them for years, but I started selling the things recently. Every morning's a new horror show, made worse by the fact that the Daily Heil outsells the others by a good four-to-one  :1eye

...although I did notice the Sport recently had a back-page headline along the lines of "crazed inventor eliminates skidmarks". Watch your back, Bob.

3 hours ago, Mordecai said:

I've never ready the Daily Express. I've recently become exposed to The Scottish Daily Mail though as some guy brings one into work every morning. It's like one big piece of satire. It has an absolute hard-won for Nicola Sturgeon, every other story is about her or the SNP. The rest is just brexit and racism.

On holiday in Ireland with the mother in law, so having to buy her the Irish Daily Mail. A very poor product, not one mention of the SNP in it. I've not heard her tutting "oh that Nicola Sturgeon" once this week.

Private Eye's "Street of Shame" column is always a good laugh regarding the dirty deeds of the press. Daily Heil editor Paul Dacre is famous for shouting obscenities at staff or as the Eye puts it "double cuntings".

3 hours ago, Romeo said:

I'm amazed anyone still pays the slightest attention to 'the news' in any form, be it print, online, TV or radio.

I'm always puzzled when folk talk about how they get 'their' news.

Archived