Martin

Tierney

Brown

D Fletcher

Ritchie

Armstrong

Forrest

Griffiths

I'd be fairly happy with this but I'd prefer Phillips to Ritchie but Strachan clearly prefers Ritchie.

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Joe Lewis overlooked. Strachan's anti-Aberdeen bias strikes again. 

Joe Lewis is white.  Ikechi Anya, Matt Phillips and Jordan Archer are black.  Beginning to think the Charlottesville rioters had a point, TBQHWY.

Most folk arguing over fringe players being selected. I do agree McGregor should be included as after all he's ahead of Armstrong for celtic just now and a far better option than Bannan. Shinnie also is head and shoulders above John McGinn at the moment. The fact Strachans reasoning was that he trusts these players is laughable. It's as if one half decent result and everything in the past is forgotten about. Bannan, steven & Darren fletcher, Naismith and the likes of berra, hanley have let him down on numerous occasions and should not be trusted.

The lad phillips will no doubt pull out with an injury as always. Forrest for me in the past is always one who has never really produced for Scotland but his start this season for celtic has been terrific so hopefully he brings that kind of form. I agree that we should be using the core group of celtic players.

15 minutes ago, nsr said:

Do any other countries call up players purely on the basis they've been in the squad lots of times before, or is it just us?

Been happening in Scotland for years. Your face either fits or it doesn't.

See on sky sports interview the wee ginger greetin about our squad being too wee again. Why does he do that when the squad should be full of confidence after a few decent results and he starts that shite.

Stop mixing up what he says in public with what he's saying to the squad.

Seriously.

Do any other countries call up players purely on the basis they've been in the squad lots of times before, or is it just us?

Been happening in Scotland for years. Your face either fits or it doesn't.

Surely this is the norm.

You can't start a fresh every single match squad. You get yourself into the squad and then you fight to make yourself a regular.

Yes you need to drop or bring in players but you keep the foundations of your squad.

Naismith has always performed well for Scotland but surely it is time to get some new blood in up front.

Also surprised Barrie Mckay is not included he has started well at forest scoring twice i think.

He is a player in form while he calls up Hanley who can't get a game for a pretty poor Newcastle team and Snodgrass who has been told to pack his bags at West Ham.

Do you seriously not get it?

He's telling them the exact opposite. He's playing the media intentionally and he'll be explaining that clearly to the players.

How do you know what he's telling the players? The players will hear what he says to the public and react accordingly. His pish record certainly doesn't suggest he's telling the players the opposite

How do you know what he's telling the players? The players will hear what he says to the public and react accordingly. His pish record certainly doesn't suggest he's telling the players the opposite

Because by in large players enjoy playing for him.

Scott macdonald was raving about him on the radio a while back, and explaining that he's completely different from his public persona. This was backed up by the journalists who all pointed out that it was common knowledge that his media relations was just a shtick.

Now I'm fine with someone arguing that they don't like this approach. But to think that's how he actually is with the players is just silly.

Canny believe this c***s still picking shite like Mulgrew, Martin, Snodgrass and Whittaker. Fucking incredible that McGregor still can't get a call up. 

Would rather give someone like Cammy Kerr or Tony Ralston a chance at RB than Anya or Whittaker. 

Because by in large players enjoy playing for him.

Scott macdonald was raving about him on the radio a while back, and explaining that he's completely different from his public persona. This was backed up by the journalists who all pointed out that it was common knowledge that his media relations was just a shtick.

Now I'm fine with someone arguing that they don't like this approach. But to think that's how he actually is with the players is just silly.

Considering that the squad are not together yet are you suggesting he phones them all individually to tell them he's delighted with his options but he's going to moan to the media

"right Broony, I'm loving our squad, that's for sure, but just for a laugh I'm going to do another negative press conference in front of the nation, don't be put off, you know that's my way, that's for sure"

"Going for the players we trust, that have done very well for us" we finished 4th in the last campaign and are 4th again. Anya put in the worst performance I've ever seen in my life in the first half against England and Snodgrass wasn't far behind him. None of them get a game for their club and I'm fairly certain Anya hasn't played a club game for over a year now. But it's alright because he phones them and tells them he loves them.

"I want champions league players" and then leaves out McGregor, a player playing in the CL. Leaves out the Aberdeen captain again after being superb in Europe and brings in Barry Bannan. BARRY FUCKING BANNAN!!

If we don't get 6 points in these 2 games he can get to f**k, that's for sure!

Archived