Squad for Lithuania and Malta

Gordopolis

This probably won't sit well with some, but at the moment, there should be as many Celtic first teamers in there as possible and eligible.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately I am not in the least surprised by about half the names in that list. The vast majority of them tried and tested failures at international level, including a few who were never much use but are miles past the sell-by date. The usual coterie of Englishmen, players from the EL second division, a grudging handful from our best team and none from those teams in form.

Disregarding Strachans obvious delight in obstinacy, and the fact he should not even be in the job for starters, one would have thought that as we are more or less out of contention it could be a time for a clean sheet. Not in the managers mind though. His contempt for the fans continues with this pathetic squad. The sooner he is despatched the better, and may he take his patronising unfunny comments post defeat with him.

Said this already on the Scottish Football Subreddit but if Andy Robertson gets benched for a fullback duo of Whittaker and Tierney I am going to run screaming into hampden naked with a flaming fucking axe.

Tierney and Robbo will play. If we continue with the 3-4-3, then it'll be KT on the left of the back three and Robertson at LWB, or if it's a 4-2-3-1, then Tierney at right-back and Robertson on the left. He just can't leave them out.

27 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

This probably won't sit well with some, but at the moment, there should be as many Celtic first teamers in there as possible and eligible.

As long as one of those isn't James Forrest, I have no qualms with that.  Gordon, Tierney, Brown and Griffiths are all certain starters if fit.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

As long as one of those isn't James Forrest, I have no qualms with that.  Gordon, Tierney, Brown and Griffiths are all certain starters if fit.

I'd add Armstrong to that list too.  And yep, James Forrest can go away.

On 11/08/2017 at 22:02, paddymcp said:

Would play the same side that played against England with Martin coming in for Berra.

6 points the obvious minimum requirement with the usual type 0-0 disappointment in Vilnius expected.

So 6 pts the minimum - what's the maximum you're looking for, mate?

Whittaker :lol:

McGinn :lol:

Martin :lol:

Berra :lol:

Hanley :lol:

Naismith :lol:

Mulgrew :lol:

No McGregor, McLean, Cairney, Shinnie or Burke :lol:

What's that quote about doing the same things over and over and expecting different results?

I'd stick with the 3 at the back with Tierney LCB and has already shown he can do a job and allows Robertson to focus more on attacking with the confidence of a solid defender covering him. The fact that McGregor isn't in the team as he can play either holding mid or pressing forward is baffling. 

7 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

A bit disappointed there are only two Hibs players in the squad. McGregor, Hanlon, McGeouch, Murray, Stokes even Stevenson are unlucky not to be included.

???????????

Celtic players are entirely used to this kind of fixture, being expected to win and having most ball. Seems strange not to call McGregor. Hopefully we have enough to get the job done. Maybe in around 6 months, Ralston may be ready if he continues to get first team experience, right back an issue for us. Seen some mention Kerr at Dundee also

Archived