Ian Botham Interrogated

This came up on my Twitter feed today and I thought P&B might like to see it.

Have any P&Bers channeled their inner David Brent whilst been inexplicably interrogated by a school Maoist society whilst John Nicolson in a wig chairs the event.

"Listen love"

45 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

This came up on my Twitter feed today and I thought P&B might like to see it.

Have any P&Bers channeled their inner David Brent whilst been inexplicably interrogated by a school Maoist society whilst John Nicolson in a wig chairs the event.

"Listen love"

I enjoyed that. Once met Ian Botham's manager at a posh student house party in Norwich in the 1980's, very weird man with a big tash, in his 40's, chasing barely legals. Surprised that Botham has survived with his reputation relatively intact. Apart from the Thatcher love obviously. Probably learnt the charity angle from Saville.

I had an excellent night's session with Beefy in Al Ain about 1992/93. He did a cricket night in our local boozer and, after most people had left, we had a lock in and a great old night where he told all the stories he could not recount to an open audience. I might add that I don't even like cricket, but there really wasn't a lot to do in Al Ain back then. Probably still isn't.

3 hours ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

I had an excellent night's session with Beefy in Al Ain about 1992/93. He did a cricket night in our local boozer and, after most people had left, we had a lock in and a great old night where he told all the stories he could not recount to an open audience. I might add that I don't even like cricket, but there really wasn't a lot to do in Al Ain back then. Probably still isn't.

Did you have Long Island Iced Tea that night?

32 minutes ago, Big Gus said:

Met Botham and his son Liam when I used to help out at Piper Dam fisheries as a Saturday job.

Took them out in a boat. They never fished much. Just smoked loads of weed.

Sound chaps.

Name dropping thread for this pish.

Archived