Help.

Lord Elron

Hi I run a Sunday amateur team and we have a guy who wants to play for us. He signed a professional form last year with a junior club. He won't be playing junior again. Can we register him or would we be breaking rules

Check to see if he's still registered first.... if not free to sign, if he signed a two year deal then you need to wait, shouldn't be paying for a player to play amateur

They wanted £400 initially. I don't even know if we are allowed to pay for players.

If they want £200 to recoup some money they have given him - the only thing that can happen is for the player to buy out his contract for the £200 and get freed - he is then free to sign for whoever he wants

no you don't need reinstated to ammies if you were "pro" at Junior 

Yes buying himself out is the common practice. If the club paid nothing for him in transfer fee or wages then they are taking the piss. However if a professional he likely is on wages and breeching his contract by not training etc.

Surely if a player isn't in their plans and he's not going to be playing at the same level against them, they should just release the boy to play Sunday amateur. Sounds like there is underlying issues that haven't been resolved imo.

Surely if a player isn't in their plans and he's not going to be playing at the same level against them, they should just release the boy to play Sunday amateur. Sounds like there is underlying issues that haven't been resolved imo.

Alternatively if a player wants released to go amateur and you release him there is nothing to stop him signing for another junior club and pocketing another signing on fee. I'm not saying that's the case here, but it's a scenario that clubs want to defend themselves against, especially if they paid a signing on fee up front.

If he really doesn't figure in their plans then presumably they have placed him on the transfer list.

26 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Alternatively if a player wants released to go amateur and you release him there is nothing to stop him signing for another junior club and pocketing another signing on fee. I'm not saying that's the case here, but it's a scenario that clubs want to defend themselves against, especially if they paid a signing on fee up front.

If he really doesn't figure in their plans then presumably they have placed him on the transfer list.

That's very true as well would be interesting to know if they have had to pay a fee when they signed him etc. There's no winner in a situation like this because nobody benefits from a stand off.

Happens all the time unfortunately. Junior clubs end up with guys signed up and they don't kick a ball so don't get paid but they wont release them to play amateur in case a junior team come and snap him up for nothing. Unfortunately a lot of junior guys tell their clubs that they want released to go play with their pals amateur but have no intention and have another junior club lined up so I do understand the junior clubs stance in this situation to recoup some cash.

Archived