Edinburgh city v Montrose

A depleted Mo squad eh? Good, our strikers might actually score more than our defence leak...

Their is a few out missing but still enough capable their to get a win hopefully.Thank f**k big Joe has hung up his boots he will be hard to replace for you guys man mountain at the back.

Matty Allan should be available after his injury. Webster and Watson both have suspensions carried over from last season.

Terry masson and Kerr hay out aswell

That was men against boys.  Montrose looked fluent and physical and scored some cracking goals.  I was particularly impressed by the left back.  Could have easily been 5.

City on the other hand were absolutely honking.  Very little to redeem them, although "Mo" was a bit of a handful on both wings.  The team got to the halfway line and launched a diagonal ball that was easily dealt with every time.

Entertaining day out, decent curry pie, fucking awful coffee (it lacked...oh yeah...coffee), and back up to 42 of 42 grounds visited.

Thought we might struggle a bit today as several of our would be first choice players were sitting in the stand injured or suspended. Those who played however gave a gutsy and determined performance but Edin City will have to improve a lot if they are to avoid bottom spot this season.

Although a wins a win it wasn't a 90 minute performance by the Mo. Credit where due they saw it out but they way they gave ground and possession in the second half would have been punished by better opposition. Mo should have gone for the jugular as it was really a 4-0, 5-0 type of game. Still, 1 game down, 35 to go.

telt ye our defence wasn't the best. 

by the way- the Pope is a follower of the Roman Catholic faith and creatures of an ursine appearance defecate in the woods.

Our man of the match was the scorrie that flew down in the second half. He didn't, unfortunately, defecate on any Mo fans though!  :lol:

10 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Our man of the match was the scorrie that flew down in the second half. He didn't, unfortunately, defecate on any Mo fans though!  :lol:

Best winger you had, certainly

We didn't star off the best but gradually took control of the game. Big Temps' goal, great shot but took a wicked kick of the arti pitch which took it over the keeper's hands, followed by McLaren's goal after great work by Johnston down the right effectively killed the game. Big Temps had another cracking shot excellently tipped onto the bar, and steeves had a shot soon after which again was brilliantly saved by Antell. 

2nd half started with Yano pinging a left footed free kick into Antell's top left corner. Fair play to Edinburgh, they kept fighting but just look like they lack quality and experience across the team. They got a goal back after Dillon made his only mistake of the game in giving the ball away.

Promising result given the injury situation. It was a bit worrying to see just Ross Campbell and a couple of kids on the bench. Motm for me was Dillon, his experience of playing at a decent level really told with a makeshift back line. Callaghan had a decent game, Johnston played well, as did Big Temps. We will struggle against better teams unless we get players back soon 

As I couldn't make it up to Elgin I went over to this. Game was a bit of a slow burner until the Mo's 2 quick fire goals which killed it as a contest. Goals are well described above, felt the keeper should have done better with the 1st one mind you, although it did bobble right in front of him I suppose. Yano can still hit a cracking free kick as shown with the 3rd one.

For having such a depleted squad (3 outfield subs) Montrose done well and are a well organised unit since Petrie took over.

Ainslie Park is a better place to watch a game than the old Meadowbank although its a shame that the grass bankings are out of bounds for City games, new turnstiles installed and I noticed their also building a turnstile block behind the far goal.

Cracking programme from City this season well worth the £2.50 well done to Alick for that.

Archived