Central league division 2

Gartcairn Army

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Great result today for Gartcairn juniors away to st Anthony’s , we won 2-1 but were made to sweat for the winner.
Gartcairn dominated the first half, giggsy scored a pen and we got a second afte4 the keeper clashed with jal, the keeper took a heavy knock and was down for roughly 8 minutes.
Giggsy stepped up but put it by the post, poor penalty miss after the ten minute delay,
The ants keeper then pulled off save after save all the while looking punch drunk, it was clear he had concussion and indeed went to hospital at half time, no truth in the rumor that he gave his name as Buffon to the nurses.

Second half the right back replaced him in goals, it was the ants that came out the blocks the second half and converted a penalty after some poor defending forced Kyle priestly in goals into a rash challenge.
1-1
Gartcairn huffed and puffed , both sides went for the winner although neither had any real chances.
85 mins Gartcairn corner went over the line, possible touch from an ants player, the ants were claiming it never crossed the line but after watching video evidence the referee made the right decision.
A clash with Gartcairn keeper Kyle and an ants player had the ants sideline shouting for another penalty, thankfully he never gave it.
Gartcairn saw the game out to claim their first victory over second placed ants to take our lead at the top of the table to three points.
Hope the keepers ok and thanks to the ants committee for their usual hospitality and govan crumpets and all the best

Referees man of the match Ryan O’Donnell

Next week we are away to Dunn pace in the west cup

I assured Mr Prez that by not making my usual post following our 0-1 defeat by Dunipace that I was not taking the huff.  I was literally departing for holiday 90 minutes after the final whistle and was under strict instructions from she who must be obeyed to remain focussed.

I wanted to say that Dunipace, despite their previous form gave a very good account of themselves, particularly as they were apparently without two of their better players. I can't deny that I had an expectation of gaining 3 points comfortably following our excellent scoreline against Newmains whom Dunipace by all accounts struggled with the following week and after our excellent Scottish Cup win v Dalkeith . This was quickly dispelled when our keeper had to make two good stops inside the first 90 seconds. They scored, we didn't ( goodness knows how!)

Good to see a club keep working hard to come out of a poor run of form.  We will have to do likewise after the thumping we took at the weekend, which I fortunately missed.

20 minutes ago, bc57 said:

I wanted to say that Dunipace, despite their previous form

Which was 7 points from 9 when they arrived in Lanark and 10 from 12 when they left.

Form team in the division. :thumsup2 :thumsup2

Lanark 2 VoC3

Neither team played particularly well today but Lanark opened the scoring with a well worked goal after 6 minutes.  Visitors equalised with a baffling penalty on 32 minutes. The lad 'fouled' freely volunteered to us that he went down because he'd twisted his knee and that it was no way a penalty. Vale went in 2-1 up on 40 minutes.

Lanark equalised on 62 minutes and were denied an absolute stonewall penalty when Scott Schoneville was chopped down in the box. Shocking miss by the ref.  At this point I thought Lanark looked stronger and were most likely to go ahead but, long experience should have told me better and yet another poor goal was conceded on 82 minutes to enable Vale to take all 3 points.

I don't normally bitch about ref's but this wee man got 2 biggies wrong.This said we made plenty of mistakes ourselves.

Not great preparation for a trip to Kilbirnie next weekend.

Royal Albert are creeping ever closer to the top of the league, didn't see that coming at the start of the season.

4 hours ago, drs said:

Royal Albert are creeping ever closer to the top of the league, didn't see that coming at the start of the season.

Not the only one. Beat us in league cup and I put it down to us being awful rather than anything they were doing. Good luck to them.

Archived