Central league division 2

Gartcairn Army

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, gaz5 said:

This is why I love football, its all about opinions. :)

As an alternative view:

First half Lanark hardly touched the ball, struggling to deal with the home sides passing game which at times was outstanding, Dunipace having no issue with a tricky surface. Only the official not giving what looked a clear penalty after around half an hour kept Lanark even. Lanarks first chance of any note (and attempt on target), bar a few long shots that didn't trouble was right on 45 minutes from a Dunipace mistake and in fairness it should have brought a goal 1v1, a good save from the home keeper. Given the balance of play it would have been super hard on the home side to go in a goal down, given they dominated the half and the ball, but despite that dominance only two efforts on target and the aforementioned penalty so probably didn't deserve more than a single goal. 

Second half Dunipace fell away and Lanark raised their game from the off, it was a far more even affair in terms of the ball and chances, you felt whoever scored first would probably win it, both sides having good chances in the half. That's how it turned out, with Lanark getting that first goal from a loose ball from a corner, a good finish. 

Both teams had chances after that, Lanark taking one with another good finish, Dunipace not when their wide man couldn't steer into an empty net after from a cross, hitting the side net from 6 yards. 2-0 flattered at the end, on the second half 1-0 either way would have been a better reflection on the game. 

Good to see both sides getting some young guys on the park. Lanark finished with a few, Dunipace played most of the second half with a 15 year old, two 17 year olds, an 18 year old and bringing the average age up through injury a long since retired assistant manager. :)

Good game to watch all in though.

Really?!  1-0 either way?

At no point did we feel we were ever dominated. The only save our keeper had to make was in the first half and whilst it was even in the first there was only one team who was going to win this game in the second. We came out of the blocks after the break. Dunipace keeper made a great save at his near post, we had one shot go just wide and we missed two other excellent chances. 

Dunipaces passing was woeful in places from the half way line forward. We were regularly given the ball  but, as I said earlier they did try and play it out from the back.

If you had those young guys  then , like us, you have something to build upon, which is excellent for the pending new era. 

36 minutes ago, bc57 said:

Really?!  1-0 either way?

At no point did we feel we were ever dominated. The only save our keeper had to make was in the first half and whilst it was even in the first there was only one team who was going to win this game in the second. We came out of the blocks after the break. Dunipace keeper made a great save at his near post, we had one shot go just wide and we missed two other excellent chances. 

Dunipaces passing was woeful in places from the half way line forward. We were regularly given the ball  but, as I said earlier they did try and play it out from the back.

If you had those young guys  then , like us, you have something to build upon, which is excellent for the pending new era. 

:)

As I said, all about opinions.

First half Lanark had 1 shot on target to Dunipace 3 (plus a good penalty shout). Second half Lanark had 3 shots on target to Dunipace 1.

First half Lanark had 4 efforts from distance that missed the target, Dunipace 2 off target. Second half Lanark 3 off target to Dunipace 2.

Both teams had a 1v1 in that number first half that the respective keepers did well with, second half Lanark had a second 1v1 the home keeper did well with while Dunipace missed an open goal. All at 0-0. 

Those are the recorded stats of the game. 

Second half Lanark the better team, first half Dunipace. 

Dunipace dominated the ball first half was more what I meant. Anyone watching the game would concede possession wise they had probably 65%-70% of the ball with Lanark struggling to stop them getting out the entire half. Though I agree, in the final third, after impressive play to get there at times, they were wasteful, which cost them a chance at taking something from the game really. 

Second half possession was more even, but Lanark were better in the final third when they got there, particularly the number 11, despite Dunipace missing that open goal at 0-0. It was a hard one to take, but really no harder than the Lanark first goal that was taken well. Fine margins. 

So yeah, 1 goal either way I think neither side could complain, given each team had a better half and each team had similar chances in terms of number and type through the 90. Lanark obviously deserved winners on the day because they put the ball in the net with theirs and Dunipace didn't, but there was nowhere near as much between the teams as you were trying to sell in your first post, in my opinion, that was the point I was getting at really. 

Both goals came in the final 20 minutes. First goal the winner was how it turned out. 

And that's no slight on either team BTW, just an opinion on the game overall. 

6 hours ago, Mr Prez said:

Diny listen to him gaz jist being nosey as usual tell him nowt his posts are mince only go's too games to moan and cos trouble probally sneaked in:whistle

Ha! Sorry I didn't get over to see you but you were back in by the time I'd made my way around. 

Still paying my full price in to help other clubs rather than claiming my OAP status.

I enjoyed my pie btw. It was roasting, just the way I like it.

Impressed with your young keeper's impression of Manuel Neuer yesterday. Very good on the ball.

Hope you enjoy your last match at Westfield.

A huge congratulations to all at the Albert! Delighted for Jamie and all the players and coaches. As for Peter, there can't be a harder working man in the juniors! Delighted for everyone involved! Now go win the league! 

Surely The Albert will go up as champions! Consistent all season compared to those around them. Fantastic for all involved!

58 minutes ago, bc57 said:

Its just a new pitch going down over the summer, isn't it?

2 hours ago, bc57 said:

Ha! Sorry I didn't get over to see you but you were back in by the time I'd made my way around. 

Still paying my full price in to help other clubs rather than claiming my OAP status.

I enjoyed my pie btw. It was roasting, just the way I like it.

Impressed with your young keeper's impression of Manuel Neuer yesterday. Very good on the ball.

Will still be at New Westfield nxt season auld yin not moving out just a make over

22 minutes ago, Mr Prez said:

It is bud new pitch and surroundings devis candles to n bits n bobs might even let you in

THE DEVILS CANDLES!!!!!!!!!! You heathens!

On 27/03/2018 at 11:56, LT1878 said:

It’s a great credit to Jamie and all the committee that Albert are in the position they are in this season, just shows that hard work pays off

Well done the Albert. Brilliant for the long suffering  folks there. Hope they go on to the title now.

4 hours ago, Mr Prez said:

Will still be at New Westfield nxt season auld yin not moving out just a make over

We heard there is house building being done in the area. Is that how it is being financed?

2 hours ago, Mr.Albert said:

Thanks for all the messages  sent to me and to Jamie it means a lot to both of us.

To all the so called smaller clubs keep fighting the good fight and your turn will come.

Genuinely delighted for you all. Very good to see. Winning it would be a bonus.

Archived