Central league division 2

Gartcairn Army

30 minutes ago, sctv said:

Lanark 3-3 Gartcairn
A proper junior game that had everything, both teams converting penalties in a first half that both teams tried hard without being at their best, wind played a major part.

Second half with both teams trying to play football , for me Gartcairn edged it on balance of play, both teams again tried to play football and it was end to end, it was Lanark who went ahead albeit the keeper should’ve did better.
The cairn pushed and pushed and got a deserved equaliser again thru Ryan Donnelly, on came our captain kev Ross for the injured tait and had an immediate impact with kev Ross bulletins in a scobie cross to take the lead.
Talk about an inspired substitution.
Just after Lanark we’re reduced to ten men , maybe I missed what for but honestly couldn’t see why.
Gartcairn failed to hold out and with minutes remaining Lanark equalised.
Game ended 3-3

Summary
Gutted, thought we had won it only to throw two points away at end, in truth draw a fair result.
Joint top of the table with surprise package Royal Albert.
Still one game at a time and as always the next ones the most important. Mtc

Thanks to Tam and his committee for halftime and full time hospitality and all the best for the rest of season

I thought a draw was a fair result on balance. Both teams benefitted from dubious offside decisions at Gartcairn's 2nd and our 3rd.

Our keeper, who played well, had a howler for Gartcairn's 3rd. I was impressed by the Gartcairn keeper. A big lad.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Craig the hunter I also attended the battle of the vales today. You asked why they were so poor in the second half simple reason too many fat overweight or older players in the side, I said at the game come 50 mins they would be puffing out there erchie and was proven to be 100 % correct. Second half vale ran amok with nothing in return from the Alexandrians thought their style of play was rather rugged so say the least and the referee suffered from not booking a few players in the first half.  Just an opinion but the shouts coming from the leven bench were atrocious moaned like woman all game every tackle from a Clyde player was shouted at and they were looking for a booking poor effort from them......

Lanark have drawn with RA,  Gartcairn and St Ant's and beaten Carluke and VoC who are all above us in the league. We haven't been playing particularly well.  We still have to play 3 of the bottom 4.  Just shows that there is all to play for.

On ‎01‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:11, PRICEY said:

I know there is numerous threads on the subject.....but how many go up??

Top 3 into the third tier, everyone else into the 4th.

Vale of Leven 2 Lanark 2
Our longest away league trip but I like watching games at this venue.  Pitch was in great condition and my pie was good, served by a very nice lady..
3rd draw on the bounce which will kill us, like last season.
Nothing between teams in first 30 mins then we lost 2 stupid goals in 3 minutes and went downhill from there for next 10. Cat had to make a couple of good saves during this period
Pulled one back on 40 mins following a great run a cross by Ronan Kearney and then went straight back up the park to miss an excellent chance although keeper saved well.
46 minutes and they get a deserved straight red . All over them for a period and then we went flat. VoL did well and seemed to cope well with 10 men until an excellent and deserved equaliser on 77 mins.
Should have killed them off but clearly didn’t and therefore VoL deserve credit for only losing one goal in the 2nd half .

Our centre back Cammy Lawson got his 2nd(stupid) yellow for dissent after the final whistle and  was shown a red. Madness. We can't afford his loss through suspension.
Missing 2 key players but we remain mediocre in the main, with the capacity to be brilliant in flashes .

My opinion is that  Lanark were not at the races 1st half yest until we scored with our first chance 5 mins before ht. By then  Vale could and should have been out of sight- the 2 goals plus 2 great saves by our keeper and they should have had a stonewall pen for handball for blocking a shot that looked to be going in or very close .  The red card decision  for the vale player was correct imo and against 10 men for most of the 2nd half we should have won so i guess our guys will probably be disappointed with a point, but given how poor we were 1st half maybe a draw was a decent result over the  piece.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived