Central league division 2

Gartcairn Army

Johnstone 3 Lanark 2

Lanark played better this week but still poor. Scored 2 good goals having gone down to a most unfortunate penalty for handball and then a deflected shot which had been going wide.

3rd goal looked well offside but I would be lying if I put any conviction behind this claim as we were at the other end.

Lanark missed a couple of excellent chances but Johnstone troubled our keeper more.

Still without Shaun Gallagher and also without our captain Gareth Halford. Had the Glencairn keeper 'Cat' in goal today. He played well and behaved himself. Thanks to him for stepping in within 90 minutes of kick off as the stand in we had lined up apparently called off at 12.20. Very thoughtful.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Vale of Leven 8 Newmains Utd 0

One of the most one sided games I've ever seen, could have and should have been more than the eight with a deluge of chances squandered by Vale in a second half where Newmains had a player and their manager sent off. Vale played some really good stuff, but Newmains looked a shadow of a team at times.

Here's the third goal, from the penalty spot after half an hour.

You are actually being kind to us when you call us a shadow of a team, embarrassing for me today, probably one of my lowest points being involved in football for 30 years at every level

Good result for Carluke today and a decent result for both Lanark and royal Albert, I think Albert will be at the promotion end of the table this season which is great considering previous seasons and Lanark have had a better start under burns and Stark than previous seasons

I know it's still early but my comment on Royal Albert might not be entirely wrong, 2 good results the last 2 weeks and there only defeat so far was by a late goal to Gartcairn.

On 12/09/2017 at 18:34, famous_bullywee said:

I played along side burnsy very good professional on and off the park hope he does well 

We are very much behind him as we know that he has inherited what he has.  It is a big challenge for him. Who he can attract will be as critical as will getting the best out of what he has. A few will not last much longer.  Not the best shape to be going into our first local derby against top of the table Carluke.

You are actually being kind to us when you call us a shadow of a team, embarrassing for me today, probably one of my lowest points being involved in football for 30 years at every level

Kevin keep the faith mate , uve took on a big task at newmains , mibby even bigger than u thought , aye u'l prob take a few gubbings but u'l get tons more satifaction from good displays and bringing on an developing young players
An u'l get there [emoji41]

Ashfield 2 Vale of Leven 1

Well deserved victory for Ashfield. Vale started like a train again, MacPherson swung a corner straight in after 5 minutes, but that was as good as it got.

The second half we were awful. Ashfield score 2 penalties (first one stonewall, second looked like the boy went down a bit easy) and that was it. No complaints about the result, and I'd expect Vale to be better next week.

On a positive, nice to see a game where the ref didn't think he was the star attraction.

Lanark 2 Carluke 1

Well deserved victory. 2 excellent goals by Ronan Kearney. 3 trialists made a difference - don't know their identities.  We missed the injured Sean McKenna and, although Mr Colquhoun did well in goal for us I was disappointed not to see Gareth Halford in goal, if not at least stripped.

Should have been by a much wider margin as we squandered a number of excellent chances, none mores than when Shaun Gallagher hit the bar from 2 yds in front of an open goal.  We had a one on one with a couple of minutes to go to make it 3-0 but, Lanark being Lanark,  we lost another sloppy goal in the 93rd minute to give us a nervous final 3 minutes.

2 excellent goals by Ronan Kearney.

Hallford on the transfer list I heard. Keeper ,apart from one rush of blood moment when he came  needlessly charging out the area to tackle one of their players , did well yesterday, like the  team in general.  Much better from the yowes yesterday i am more optimistic for our chances than 2 weeks ago. where do the ants play now BTW? 

Archived