Central league division 2

Gartcairn Army

I support Dumbarton but used to go the odd Vale of Leven game. I see they've had a good start to the season which might see me go to a few of their games this season as they've been rotten for a few years now. Also my team are crap just now.

Anyway I was intrigued to know. McBookie had Gartcairn as 7/2 favourites to win the league with vale at 10/1. After yesterday 5-0 away win by the Vale these odds would seem to ridiculous. Currently no book available to see revised odds. Have Gartcairn been seriously overestimated or vale seriously underestimated? Maybe a bit of both?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Gartcairn Army said:

Gutted they couldn't be bothered to come back for food though! Total disrespect 

Sorry but not meaning to be disrespectful but due to roadworks on the erskine bridge we had to leave sharp for the bus company. We left Alexandria at 11am, and took almost 3 hours to get home.

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 17:01, bc57 said:

Lanark 2 Royal Albert 2
Once again threw away a 2 goal lead.  Went 2 up after half time but lost goals in the 76th and 92nd minutes, the equaliser coming straight after we'd missed a golden chance to put the game away.
We were very poor against a poor team.  We have too many passengers.  Whoever the new management team is to be will have to have the ability to attract some talent.  Great to see Shug Kelly today. Can understand why he didn't start the game but we could have done with him from the off.  

Not one to criticise refs but today's chap was very poor. Our most creative player Ronan Kearney was chopped in 2 from behind on 35 minutes. He has to hobble off and the only person in the ground who didn't think it was red was the most important one.
One offside against us in the 2nd half was an absolute shocker . Lots of other very poor decisions. Our left back had 4 successive foul throws. Ref never pulled him up once.

Lanark supporters were on here last year about the poor start to the season and at the end of the season they just missed out on promotion.   Changes at Lanark doesn't hep when manager leaves just at the start of the season.

As for the game your goalie pulled off four tremendous saves to keep you in the game, our goalie had one save to make at the death.   McKenna was the best player on the park along with your number 6.   The tackle was reckless and other referees would have shown a red card for it.  Agree with you the referee was not good he didn't look interested and didn't keep up with play but that is par for the course just now.

If we had taken our chances then the game would have been ours but as our last three games we have not taken our chances and it has cost us points.

The biggest star of the day was George and his pitch 5 star a shame to play on it .

Good luck for the rest of the season.

3 hours ago, Mr.Albert said:

Lanark supporters were on here last year about the poor start to the season and at the end of the season they just missed out on promotion.   Changes at Lanark doesn't hep when manager leaves just at the start of the season.

As for the game your goalie pulled off four tremendous saves to keep you in the game, our goalie had one save to make at the death.   McKenna was the best player on the park along with your number 6.   The tackle was reckless and other referees would have shown a red card for it.  Agree with you the referee was not good he didn't look interested and didn't keep up with play but that is par for the course just now.

If we had taken our chances then the game would have been ours but as our last three games we have not taken our chances and it has cost us points.

The biggest star of the day was George and his pitch 5 star a shame to play on it .

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Last season we won one and then lost four on the bounce and then acquired a few new players, including the keeper.  This season, from a squad perspective, we are very much worse off.

Our keeper Gareth has been saving us consistently. The young lad who went off gives us something different ( he didn't play at yours in the cup). McKenna has made a huge difference but, we were there for the taking on Saturday.  Your team are much better organised and will be hard to beat.

Pitch was excellent, particularly considering all the rain.

Good luck to you too. 

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 20:02, drs said:

Johnstone 4 Dunipace 1

Bag of shite! More later when I've finished drinking!!!

The proverbial game of two halves.

First half was pretty even but it was Pace who took the lead and then held on easily until the teams headed in for their beef stroganoff.

Second half was all one way traffic, I cant recall the Burgh keeper actually having to do anything in the second half aside from a couple of goal kicks.

1-1 : flyer into the net from 25 yards.

2-1 : flyer into the net from 20 yards.

3-1 : header across goal from a corner

4-1 : some fannying about at the back and the grateful Burgh player knocked the loose ball home.

First goal was a cracking finish, second goal I thought he had too much time to take the shot, third goal needed to be defended better and the last goal was just a poor one to lose. I'm already thinking I'll need to look out that map of Ardeer for next season BUT it has been two defeats against relegated sides so maybe they are that bit better than the rest, we shall see.

Watching Gartcairn win 5-1 away to newmains today, good victory ,

A patched up Gartcairn side showed what they were capable of today, all week we've been trying to add players, struggled but got one in, today cairn were in command for most of the game with the xception of two ten minute spells in each half. Newmains tried hard but I believe as with us we're struggling for bodies too.
Thanks to bill and all his committee for the hospitality and all the best for the season

the best bit for me was I spent 90 minutes talking to Queen's Park ledgend malky mackay about all things football, from the politics involved to the future, absolute legend of a man.
Thanks davie David Greig for the introduction.

Watching Gartcairn win 5-1 away to newmains today, good victory ,

A patched up Gartcairn side showed what they were capable of today, all week we've been trying to add players, struggled but got one in, today cairn were in command for most of the game with the xception of two ten minute spells in each half. Newmains tried hard but I believe as with us we're struggling for bodies too.
Thanks to bill and all his committee for the hospitality and all the best for the season

the best bit for me was I spent 90 minutes talking to Queen's Park ledgend malky mackay about all things football, from the politics involved to the future, absolute legend of a man.
Thanks davie David Greig for the introduction.

Not sure what game you were watching but Cairn created nothing from open play and was quite an even game tbh. Scored 4 goals from set pieces that Newmains were very poor to defend! A clear offside 5th with the Cairn player being the only person in the Newmains half with the very last kick of the ball. At 1-0 Newmains get a goal chopped off for an apparent offside to make it 1-1, I was quite impressed with the progress Newmains made today and imo matched Cairn for most of the game. All about opinions but to say Cairn commanded the game is a tad Unjust to Newmains.

TBH I'm unsure which game you were watching too, as you say all about opinions, I thought the goal that was chopped off was an easy offside, as for fifth (game well done by then) our guy was on halfway line , your guys all in our half (deserted the defence on 90 th minute for reasons unknown) .
I'm happy scoring four goals from set plays, no I'm delighted to score four from set plays.
But as you said all about opinions.

Watch the video on YouTube guys, shows that he's clear offside. Anyway the game was done by then as a contest at that point. Gartcairn manager states in the video the scoreline was not a fair reflection on the game. Just thought to say one team was in command was a disservice to Newmains but hey ho

Wasn't meant as a disservice merely an opinion, I honestly didn't think you were in the game much other than two ten minute spells, 5-1 flattered us but that doesn't mean we weren't in command, tbh I only remember our keeper having three saves to make, now if you want me to come on and say I thought it was an even game even though we won 5-1 then so be it but I'd rather give my honest opinion
Regardless as stated earlier thanks to newmains for the hospitality and all the best for the rest of the season apart from when you play us
MTC

Vale of Leven 8 Newmains Utd 0

One of the most one sided games I've ever seen, could have and should have been more than the eight with a deluge of chances squandered by Vale in a second half where Newmains had a player and their manager sent off. Vale played some really good stuff, but Newmains looked a shadow of a team at times.

Here's the third goal, from the penalty spot after half an hour.

Archived