Smells

that smell you got on the Clockwork Orange between Buchanan Street and Cowcaddens- NO. 

the horrible gassy smell I remember from a plant/factory in Arbroath when I was a wee kid- NO

one for the 70s kids: the smell of copies freshly off the Banda- YES

the smell of a fine malt whisky - f**k YEAH! 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Had a whiff of a tippex pen at work the other day. Disappointing tbh. Think they've toned it down.

back in the late 80s I had some correction fluid that was meant to be environmentally friendly and it smelled rather nice. 

Permanent ink markers sniff sniff = Yes

Medi=swabs = Yes

VSOP Cognac = Yes

Islay single malts = Yes

Smell of your first cold pint of the night in a pub/club = Yes

Honeysuckle pollen in the evening walk = Yes

Smell of a bakery in the morning = Yes

Smell of satisfaction from banging the Mrs = OH Yeahhhh.

That smell that used to be ever present on a Sunday afternoon when men would get out the house, and tinker with their machines (no euph):

Fibreglass filling of rusty sections of car bodywork.

1 ppm of that and I'm 8 years old again.

11 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

That smell that used to be ever present on a Sunday afternoon when men would get out the house, and tinker with their machines (no euph):

Fibreglass filling of rusty sections of car bodywork.

1 ppm of that and I'm 8 years old again.

that and Evostick that the old man used to use to repair things with- Evostick certainly got you high just by opening the tin.

I've got a thing for acetone just now (I use it to clean some stuff at work, not nail varnish remover... which I'm sure smells a bit different anyway).  Drilling mud too.

General rule of thumb with me is that if I like the smell of something, it's bad for you. 

Smell of garlic & ginger when being cooked.

Basically anything being cooked bar some things that really fucking stink, Nandos green apple nappy sauce comes to mind. Nothing like the smell cooking especially when you know it's it's one of your favourites.

The smell of cigarettes is bad. The combined smell of cigarettes and mint is horrible.

Any time I am eating mints and get a whiff of smoke I am transported back in time to the old Broomfield.

My dad used to get me a quarter of mint imperials on the way down to the game. Once inside, now and again, I got a waft of cigarette or cigar smoke.

Disgusting yes but amazing it brings back some really happy memories. I can picture myself, clear as day, standing on the terraces.

1 hour ago, Kennboy1978 said:

Any time I am eating mints and get a whiff of smoke I am transported back in time to the old Broomfield.

My dad used to get me a quarter of mint imperials on the way down to the game. Once inside, now and again, I got a waft of cigarette or cigar smoke.

Disgusting yes but amazing it brings back some really happy memories. I can picture myself, clear as day, standing on the terraces.

Pipe Baccy minds me of old East End. Rarely smell it now but occasionally you do and am back in time.

4 hours ago, ThePARadox said:

Pipe Baccy minds me of old East End. Rarely smell it now but occasionally you do and am back in time.

Raljex/Deep Heat reminds me of old East End. If you sat in the main stand you could smell when the dressing room door had opened  and the players about to emerge from the smell of it wafting up.

16 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Raljex/Deep Heat reminds me of old East End. If you sat in the main stand you could smell when the dressing room door had opened  and the players about to emerge from the smell of it wafting up.

1980's EEP for me

Get yer macaroon bars guy and a 'tarzan' sounding guy who I think was called Terrance and not quite all there who would shout during quiet spells "coooome on yeeeee paaaaaaahhaaaaaahhaaaaaars".

I also remember the guy with a weird face walking around the pitch on the track with the 50/50 board and winning number written in chalk. 

On topic I like the smell of pies and brown sauce or Bovril. 

Archived