League top scorer?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Where would I find a list of top scorers in this division going back 20-30 years? Closest I found was soccerbase but stops at 2009-10.

Was looking to see how far back you'd need to go to find Morton's last top scorer at this level.

Don't know where you'd get a comprehensive list but on Wiki you should be able to check season by season. Tedious I know but not aware of a viable alternative. As an outsider, a young Rowan Alexander would be my guess, but you'll have thought of that.   

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Would need to be a hell of an improvement on his 2 in 20 so far to do that

Was strange last year. He scored a few screamers in the League Cup, scoring 4  in 7 games but for all his good performances, he never really scored enough in the league. In saying that though, he was still an absolute handful and caused all sorts of problems which created space for others to score.

That was his first proper season, well half season after his injury, so I'm looking forward to seeing how he kicks on. 

7 hours ago, Colkitto said:

I actually believe McHugh or Thomson will score 15 + goals this season. Maybe they won't be top scorers but they won't be far away.

Comedy gold with McHugh.... I liked the look of Thomson tho

6 hours ago, madton said:

I can't see him being top scorer either, but i agree with Colkitto, he might well score around 12-15.

He has scored 3 goals in 3 starts in the cup. He is playing every week up front and is doing the business. Scored a good goal on Sat too.

On the top scorer- Austin for me

Took Bob 8 seasons to score 20, if he's not consistently injured or on the bench by October, I'd worry. If he turns up in the league at all well done, he was last seen taking off a track suit top in our last game, not been seen since then

There aren't many out and out goalscorers in the league. McDonald used to be but of late more of a set up man, Keatings is injury prone and good for 15 or so. Loy has never been a big scorer bar one season with us, Clark only scores against the bottom end teams, ict have two unknowns and John Baird, Baird will scrape into double figures, Oakley ? Other bloke surely gone by January.

Austin if he stays fit or Dobbie for me, tho Dobbie had a wee purple patch when queens were playing well and it looks now as if they are playing like a wet patch against lower league teams, still think he will be close to 20

I think he's shown in his top flight performances that league one was about his level.

You think you'd be more thankful of the player that pushed that diddy Loy out of the Dundee side. Dread to think of what his level must be.

Nathan Austin at 6/1 looks generous to me. I'd have said nearer 4/1.

Well then bet on it you tard.

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

You think you'd be more thankful of the player that pushed that diddy Loy out of the Dundee side. Dread to think of what his level must be.

3 goals in 30 games. The boys a machine. Loy at least managed double figures with Dundee. El Bacterias had one decent season in the seaside leagues and nowt else.

The key to making money on these things is to bet on what you think will happen. At 4/1 it's still more likely that he won't be top scorer than will.

I know lots of people suggest Dobbie ahead of Austin, and when it comes to finishing Dobbie is still the better of the two. However when it comes to number of chances each of these two will get, I think given the players that Falkirk have supporting the striker compared to Queens, Austin will have significantly more chances.

That's why I would tip Austin to just be the higher of the two.

Archived