League top scorer?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Stevie88 said:

James Keatings for me, not many mentioning him...

40 league goals in five seasons at this level, never always playing up front, never always a first choice and injury prone kinda answers why....

Scott McDonald and Dobbie clearly stand out in terms of having played, and got goals at a higher level. But Dobbie is a year older and I'm not sure McDonald isn't on a fairly sharp decline with his dodgy knees.

For me if he can stay fit I'd be putting money on Austin. 

1 goal in 4 games means 9 team goals in 36 games :thumbsdown... If Isaac Layne were to score with every shot he took in a game he d walk away with accolade now unfortunately some of his shots will nvr be recovered ...

I liked big Robert Thomson at City and good to see hes doing well so I think he won t be far away ...

40 league goals in five seasons at this level, never always playing up front, never always a first choice and injury prone kinda answers why....

Yeah, but... new start , new club , most likely be playing up front this season. If he can stay fit for the majority of the season he'll be up there, imo.

16 hours ago, MrDust said:

Austin if he stays fit or Dobbie for me, tho Dobbie had a wee purple patch when queens were playing well and it looks now as if they are playing like a wet patch against lower league teams, still think he will be close to 20

Our purple patch lasted for nearly the first quarter of the season, then blew up in spectacular fashion.  Fortunately for us, he kept scoring pretty regularly and finished joint top scorer.

Our wet patch has continued into the start of our new season with the League Cup games.  We have been bloody awful and everyone is anxious about the season ahead.  Dobbie however, has kept on scoring.  

He remains an excellent shout this year, regardless of how shit we are.  That's why his odds have dropped from a ridiculous 33/1 this time last year to 4/1 for this season.

• 3 weeks later...
Do certain Falkirk fans gets riled by other clubs in the division or is it just the mention of QoS that turns them into slevvering messes? [emoji38]

They've got collectively the biggest inferiority complex on PnB, they want to have the best team in the league which is perfectly understandable, however more importantly they want everyone to tell them how good they are. They want to be told that Austin is the best striker, they want to be told they've got the best team etc. The hilarious overreaction in pre season whenever a market was released and Falkirk weren't favourites in it was bizarre but pretty hilarious.

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Reilly will have this sewn up by Christmas much to the Dung fans chagrin.

We'll have the league sewn up by then so not really bothered m8.

Nice of Saint Nick to give everyone else a wee head start imo, would be too one-sided otherwise.

I think we should dispense with sensible tactics and play a forward 6 consisting of Clark, McManus, Smith, Higgy, Cardle and Shiels.

Archived