Hibernian vs Ayr United

D'Jaffo

Bit of a meh draw for Ayr fans, on one hand it's a potential money spinner but I think we'd all have wanted to progress further than we did last year. Lot of supporters asking what was the point in being seeded when we don't get any advantage in the draw. I'm not really bothered personally. Wanted to avoid Hibs simply because we played you 5 times last season and would've preferred someone that we'd not seen for a few seasons.

Think it will be close as we've clearly improved whereas Hibs have lost Cummings. Although they've gained players like Murray and Swanson so I'm not sure if they're better or worse than last year.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hibs will be in the top half of the Premiership this season, I'd actually say top 4. We're absolutely horsing all comers at the moment but this is a particularly tough ask, and I'd say the hardest draw we could have got given the fact that the arse cheeks and the Dons were also seeded meaning we couldn't draw them.

We obviously had a decent record at Easter Road last season, with a worse squad than we have now, but this game is basically a free hit. If we win, get the w**k socks oot. If we lose, then so be it and good luck to Hibs. 

A night out to watch the mighty Ayr.

As has been said, it's a no lose situation for us.

Pressure's on Hibs and that absolute roaster of a manager of theirs who might just burst if we beat them.

A perfect chance to see where we are at.

Hibs will be in the top half of the Premiership this season, I'd actually say top 4. We're absolutely horsing all comers at the moment but this is a particularly tough ask, and I'd say the hardest draw we could have got given the fact that the arse cheeks and the Dons were also seeded meaning we couldn't draw them.
We obviously had a decent record at Easter Road last season, with a worse squad than we have now, but this game is basically a free hit. If we win, get the w**k socks oot. If we lose, then so be it and good luck to Hibs. 

The arse cheeks [emoji23] [emoji106]

12 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Because, and this is a personal opinion, I don't see ayr united as a 'British' club. We've got a saltire on our badge and I like that.

So it's fine to have flags with salties on it but not black and white union jacks? Ok m8.

So it's fine to have flags with salties on it but not black and white union jacks? Ok m8.

Like I said, personal preference.

I think there's connotations with the union flag that I don't like being associated with my club.

You can stick your Union flags up yer a**e whether they be Black & White or not.

I'm Scottish not British and I personally would never want to be associated with the English / British.

Archived