Falkirk v Livingston - August 8

Gaz FFC

I wouldn't be surprised if this went the same way as our cup game against St Mirren, I'm expecting a back to the walls defensive display, and us trying to hit Falkirk on the break. 

If we can get the same result that would be outstanding. 

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Little chance of midfield being overrun with both Taiwo and McKee in there and plenty of support for Austin.

v our solid core of 3 CMs I'd say they'll be in for a battle/healthy run around

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

With no Loy this is how I would go. Little chance of midfield being overrun with both Taiwo and McKee in there and plenty of support for Austin.

I am not really sure about the system though as the only team I watch consistently who play it is Scotland. Does it leave the full backs a wee bit exposed? I assume its still Harris and Hippo expected to provide them with support.

Should we expect a bit of news on Loy today?

Hippo wasn't very good at providing defensive support at Livi, was partly the reason we punted him. Was good at going forward but Isn't really a player for tracking back, and his tackles usually gave away fouls. 

27 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

v our solid core of 3 CMs I'd say they'll be in for a battle/healthy run around

Yep, Pittman, Byrne and Jacobs make sure you know you're in for a hard game, all 3 tackle like demons to break up play and have boundless energy. We can hit the ball long and then battle for the 2nd ball with those 3 coming through as a 2nd wave..

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I actually think Hippo does ok at getting back. Certainly wouldnt call him lazy, but there was very clearly an attitude issue when he first came here so maybe you got the worst of him on that score.

Yep he def had an attitude problem, I liked him most of the time but on the odd occasion he'd let himself down with his petulant attitude. Def has ability with flashes of brilliance against the likes of Hibs and Sevco but didn't do it often enough in lower profile games. Took a mean free kick too.

Hippo i'd describe as a luxury player for us, had undoubted ability when he was with us but lacked the work ethic needed for a team that was fighting at the bottom of the table. 

I had no doubt he would be a success in a team that was doing most of the attacking and so it has been proven, but at the time it was a good move for both parties for him to move on.

Hippo's a decent lad bought him a drink in erf and he returned the favour later in the night. He then said enjoy the rest of your night Amc13 and f**k the pars to me so he's a good guy.

Hippolyte absolutely fucked it for himself with us when he lost the head at Dumbarton and got sent off. Could tell the team thought he was a liability after that and truth be told, I was taken aback slightly when he moved to Falkirk for a fee.

When he is on form though, and actually applies himself, he is a cracking player for this level, although I agree with the above - he was mince at tracking back for us. If Houston's got his attitude sorted and got him giving the full back some help then he'll be some player.

Very happy with the prices for this, definitely heading through now. We'll sit back and try and hit on the counter I think, a win would be magic but provided we put a great shift at least I'll be happy.

I know a lot of people keep going on about Hippolyte's attitude but I thought he was okay for us. Hist tackling could be a bit heart stopping at times but he really used to wind up the buddies by developing glass legs in the box.

I see from the Falkirk site that only two stands are to be open for this one; as far as I can see the North stand inst open. Does that mean we'll be in the main stand?

3 hours ago, AMC13 said:

Hippo's a decent lad bought him a drink in erf and he returned the favour later in the night. He then said enjoy the rest of your night Amc13 and f**k the pars to me so he's a good guy.

Anyone saying fuk the pars wins a watch with me.

Its the petulant fouls he picks up, is the only annoying thing about his time with us. He has been fortunate a few times not to be sent off because the niggly fouls after being booked for one.

Why don't we double up if livvy are going 3-5-2

Thomson

Luca Watson Grant

Harris Taiwo McKee Gallacher

Craigen

Austin Hippo

Mind your bets on goalscorers tho !!

38 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

No, still to see the hype surrounding the lad tbh

Actually he's been a revelation in the few friendlies he's played this season - about bloody time though - the hypes been going on for about 3 years and this is the first he actually is looking like more than a pretentious kid.

He was also good in the Partick Thistle Betfred cup game, starting to see why folk have been raving about him. He's still a youngster and developing, both physically and mentally, but i'm seeing signs of a really good player there. Noticed defenders backing off when he turns with the ball too which is a good sign, they know he'll take them on and get past them. I think this will be a really good season for him showing what he can do. 

Hopefully we try out a front pairing that's not Miller and Austin which will force us into hoof ball. Either of them with one of the young strikers and I'd be happy, hopefully Austin and O'Hara for me.

I'm not sure i fancy playing Gasparotto at RB, did Finlayson play any part in the pre season games?

Archived