Killie V St Johnstone - Meh Derby to kickoff season 17/18

A wee "meh" game to start the league season.

Will St Johnstone be pushing for a European slot this season again?

What's the expectations for a new look Killie now McCulloch has his own players to work with?

Personally, both teams have had lows already before the league's even got under way, Saints out of Europe at the first hurdle & Killie beaten by their Ayrshire rivals in the cup.

I think a solid score draw looks on the cards so I'm sitting firmly on the fence here.

A 1-1 scorline to kick things off with.....

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a way to kick off the new season.

The beige derby.

For about the 30th season in a row I'm starting off with the blind optimism that we'll actually do quite well this year.  You'd think I'd have learned by now, but nope.

2 - 0 Killie, with gorgeous Gordon Greer being announced in the morning.

52 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

No lows here. We were beaten by a better team at that point in our preseason. We have however been unbeaten in all our other preseason games. We will be fighting for 3rd place this season. Killie? Meh, think you might scrape 8th.

The BBC have you down as bottom of the league.  This is an end of season predictor table, not a zero games played table, as it first appears to be.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premiership/table

Absolutely no idea how we'll line up for this, especially if we can add the other striker we're after beforehand aswell. Only guarantee is that MacLean won't be playing.

Same here Random guy, we at least have options this year to change a game, which we haven't had since Kenny Shiels was here. I'm not convinced McCulloch knows his strongest 11 yet......

I'd go;

Mannus

Foster Anderson Shaughnessy Easton

Millar Davidson

MOH Scougall Wotherspoon

Cummins

If MOH isn't fit enough to start, play Alston in that position instead. It's a shame we've got Maclean missing on the opening day - we need a big performance from either Cummins or Kane and I think Cummins is marginally more reliable at the moment.

MacDonald
SOD Broadfoot Greer Taylor
Wilson
Thomas McKenzie Frizzell JJ
Boyd

Would prefer Dicker for Wilson but he has a stomach muscle injury and hasn't feature in any league cup games. Ideally would like Erwin in place of Boyd but looked to be lacking match fitness on Saturday, but made an impact when he came off the bench and Burke is also capable of changing a game if needed.....

I'd go;

Mannus
Foster Anderson Shaughnessy Easton
Millar Davidson
MOH Scougall Wotherspoon
Cummins

If MOH isn't fit enough to start, play Alston in that position instead. It's a shame we've got Maclean missing on the opening day - we need a big performance from either Cummins or Kane and I think Cummins is marginally more reliable at the moment.

If we are ever relying on a big performance from Kane or Cummins then we are in trouble.

People don't seem to like him but I would easily have Sammon over either of them

59 minutes ago, Saigon Raider said:

If we are ever relying on a big performance from Kane or Cummins then we are in trouble.

People don't seem to like him but I would easily have Sammon over either of them

Suppose you could play MOH through the middle and play Alston on the right. The pace and movement of that front line would be fun to behold as well.

Suppose you could play MOH through the middle and play Alston on the right. The pace and movement of that front line would be fun to behold as well.

That would be my preference. Depends how fit MOH is, but if he could last an hour I'd go with it

5 hours ago, Fide said:

The BBC have you down as bottom of the league

Yeah, because they're shit hot on Scottish football :lol: 

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

The women of Killie will need to have their buckets of hot soapy water ready for 6pm Saturday to clean the blood off the pavements.

That's helpful actually. We can tell the males and females apart now.

I don't want O'Halloran upfront ever with saints, unless it's at Ibrox. I've a sneaky suspicion we might win this one, for no other reason than we've actually got a fully fit squad just about for once. Minus our best striker!

Archived