Fellow footy nuts around?

ScottishD81

So yeah when season starts I mainly use BT Sport and often watch 15 games fri-mon :) Love the French/Italian/German/Portuguese

Anyone else this obsessed :) Be good to hear from guys in the Angus area don't know many folk up this end

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ScottishD81 said:

So yeah when season starts I mainly use BT Sport and often watch 15 games fri-mon :) Love the French/Italian/German/Portuguese

Anyone else this obsessed :) Be good to hear from guys in the Angus area don't know many folk up this end

Hmmmm, staying in watching football all weekend and not knowing many people in a new area? Well, it's like this...

2 hours ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

I'm assuming you have a Mon-fri job and no wife and kids? Some weekends I struggle for time to watch Sportscene/MOTD let alone live matches.

you shouldn't let this be a problem - just tell the woman in your life what's what and give 'em the odd treat every now and then; valentines day this year - two tickets for Rovers away at Carlisle United (on the Tuesday night - we live in East Sussex....) 

:lol:

Spoiler

C4GE9MoWEAMvYpR.jpg:large

15 hours ago, The Mantis said:

I'd rather see one game in the flesh than 15 on the telly.

id agree with that but it doesn't have to be either/or

go to loads of real games and a watch a ridiculous amount on the telly,something glamorous about foreign footy

Beyond going to the Aberdeen home games I struggle to watch much football at the weekend these days, even the highlights.  Sometimes catch a bit of a game in the pub before and/or after our game.

I'm glad the season is away to start as during the week it is good to know that if there is nothing else worth watching or you've got nothing planned then you can find a game on the TV pretty much every night.  Last few weeks have been crap in that regards.  I really can't bring myself to watch the pre-season games on TV that now resemble more of a travelling circus then anything else these days.

I used to like watching a few games midweek but don't have BT so hardly see any now. I'll quite happily watch any old match if I'm in the pub but I can't think of any game not involving Villa/Clyde that I would be too devastated about missing.

The exception is the World Cup/Euros when I get obsessed and want to watch every single game. I'm usually praying it will rain so no c**t will try to make me sit in a beer garden and miss the game.

I'm assuming you have a Mon-fri job and no wife and kids? Some weekends I struggle for time to watch Sportscene/MOTD let alone live matches.

I'm the same mate. Sometimes at the weekend i will catch the 5.30 game on a saturday, plus soccer saturday when i'm not at the raith games or doing stuff with the family. Got match of the day on record because i usually fall asleep by the time i get settled to watch it. [emoji23] On saying that, had i not got these commitments (and i'm not complaining that i do) i would probably the same as the OP and watching quite a lot (maybe not 15) but a lot of football over the weekends.

I've always loved football since i was a bairn, its all i ever wanted to do was play and talk about football, most of my mates aren't that fussed, will watch it, but won't spend all week talking about it, Thats why i enjoy being on here, not just talking football about my own club, but getting to see what other people are saying about clubs across scotland, rather than just the stuff you here on the radio/tv.

Sorry, i've taken this off on a bit of a tangent, as you were.

Lol to be fair, there is a lot of football on the tele once the league seasons start and given the chance i would plunk myself infront of it as well. Enjoy it while you can.

I'm the same, if theres a game on and i'm in the house doing stuff, i will have it on in the background.

I never seen any of the confederations cup, the league cup games on the tele, or the wummins fitba. so feel like i'm starting to miss it a bit. And playing it on fifa is alright, but it's no the same. Was glad to get back to the raith game on saturday (never thought i'd say that after last season) and just get back to the excitement of not knowing what's going to happen.

I think as well, that's what makes sitting down to watch a weekend of football easy, no just the scheduling, but unless you are betting on the games, its easy to enjoy game after game because you don't have a vested interest in the result.

I'm with Talk Talk (I know) and they are doing a deal where I can get Sky Sports for £8pm for 18 months. I haven't looked at the finer details yet so assume it isn't as straight forward as an 18 month contract and will likely be 24 months where the price will shoot up, but they have my interest anyway.

I must be in the minority but absolute hate any football that is not Scottish. Hate English footy and all foreign matches just bores me to tears. If Scotland or a Scottish team aren't involved i just dont care. But I do love Scottish Football follow my team home and away and rarely miss any live Scottish tv games.

1 hour ago, ftk said:

I must be in the minority but absolute hate any football that is not Scottish. Hate English footy and all foreign matches just bores me to tears. If Scotland or a Scottish team aren't involved i just dont care. But I do love Scottish Football follow my team home and away and rarely miss any live Scottish tv games.

i can't be bothered with champions league,foreign leagues or english premiership but i do like to watch the highlights programme for the english lower leagues.

Archived