League predictions

HoofIT

I managed to watch bannockburn on Saturday v dalziel then colvile v shortlees after it. Considering who bannockburn lost they still looked decent maybe need to add 2 quality players though. Was a winger and centre mid from doune, one possibly was ogilive but not %100 on that. Both guys started for doune last season in the games I saw. Hasn't the doune keeper signed for colvile park?

Doune keeper has signed for CP, joins his brother in the squad. Chris Ogilvie away to Bannockburn.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, xnxx said:

Be hard keeping both keepers happy for a season

Obviously the keepers know the current situation, potential injuries and suspensions could be factors in a long season. 

It's a squad game not just about eleven players. Should teams only have 1 right back in their squad ? 

Who are you their agent ? 

If it was Hurlford they were at I would be their agent. Alot harder to keep 2 keepers happy than say 2 right backs, who's to say one of the said right backs can't play else where and you've more chance of getting subbed playing there than playing in goals

If it was Hurlford they were at I would be their agent. Alot harder to keep 2 keepers happy than say 2 right backs, who's to say one of the said right backs can't play else where and you've more chance of getting subbed playing there than playing in goals

Spot on pal. Being an ex keeper your either number 1 or nothing really. Outfield players can be brought on to change a game at any point. You don't swap keepers with 10 to go to try win a game.

3 hours ago, xnxx said:

How are you the agent of other hurlford players ? 

How are you the agent of other hurlford players ? 

How? They approach me and ask what deal I can get them, managed to get mullen a great deal this year by getting him to new farm and Mr Hamilton came back in with the money we wanted

7 hours ago, International brigade said:

It's happened in extra time of professional tournaments 

Aye cos hundreds a league games go to extra time each week. Only an idiot would find the situation of a right back and a goalkeeper remotely comparable.

Keepers and outfield players are two different animals , as stated ... a right back could also maybe fill in centre half , centre mid , right mid . If your a keeper your a keeper , but jeezo , if colville want to sign another keeper what's the issue ? We currently have 3 signed keepers , the one playing at the top of there game will play , simple

On ‎09‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:12, Gman91184 said:

Keepers and outfield players are two different animals , as stated ... a right back could also maybe fill in centre half , centre mid , right mid . If your a keeper your a keeper , but jeezo , if colville want to sign another keeper what's the issue ? We currently have 3 signed keepers , the one playing at the top of there game will play , simple

3 keepers, that's a good effort to keep 3 interested in one team. Who did you get to replace Hollis? Top top keeper at this level to try and replace.

3 keepers, that's a good effort to keep 3 interested in one team. Who did you get to replace Hollis? Top top keeper at this level to try and replace.

Monk had agreed to come from gartcosh then changed his mind , we signed ex vale of Clyde keeper matty lynch and also a young boy who looks very good . And just this week signed the boy wardy who was at colville last season ... always going to be hard replacing Hollis , not many even come close to him at this level

Just now, Gman91184 said:

Monk had agreed to come from gartcosh then changed his mind , we signed ex vale of Clyde keeper matty lynch and also a young boy who looks very good . And just this week signed the boy wardy who was at colville last season ... always going to be hard replacing Hollis , not many even come close to him at this level

That must of been a sore one for Mick and Colville after I think wardy said he was chucking football all together this year. Don't think I've saw lynch play before but certainly Ward is a great keeper at this level. Big Hollis every time I saw him just made everything look so simple that some people probably don't appreciate how good he actually was.

That must of been a sore one for Mick and Colville after I think wardy said he was chucking football all together this year. Don't think I've saw lynch play before but certainly Ward is a great keeper at this level. Big Hollis every time I saw him just made everything look so simple that some people probably don't appreciate how good he actually was.

100% agree . The big man continually talks to his defenders throughout a game , he makes the game easier for everyone at the back . A massive loss there's no doubt . I'm not sure about the wardy situation tbh , he's not trained yet so need to wait and see the outcome with it . But as far as I'm aware he's signed

2 hours ago, AmateurCoach said:

I'm cool with I wish him all the best.

We were always going to bring in a new keeper and David will be a top signing for us

Archived