League predictions

HoofIT

Let's debate who we think will win the leagues? Can ignore the central Colville have already won it.

SAFL - I'm going for St Joes this year again although I'd like to see Oban win it. Not sure EK will be as strong as before and not heard much of Goldenhill this pre season.

Cally - Going for Glasgow Harp for me. Made some nice signings this summer. Can't see the champions winning it again. Doune can't be as bad as last year and Giffnock have lost a lot of quality. Dumbarton Accies for an outside chance?

SSMAFL - Going for the budgie this year. Made some good signings

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a competitive ball kicked , we've got larkhall winning the majors and colville winning the top amateur league in Scotland . Turn it up , giffnock will come good also , know a lot of boys there and they won't be getting run over that's for sure .. agree with budgie they look strong . St joes have always been a decent side but oban for me ...

Let's debate who we think will win the leagues? Can ignore the central Colville have already won it.

SAFL - I'm going for St Joes this year again although I'd like to see Oban win it. Not sure EK will be as strong as before and not heard much of Goldenhill this pre season.

Cally - Going for Glasgow Harp for me. Made some nice signings this summer. Can't see the champions winning it again. Doune can't be as bad as last year and Giffnock have lost a lot of quality. Dumbarton Accies for an outside chance?

SSMAFL - Going for the budgie this year. Made some good signings

Colville will walk the league again this year. Over the course of a season they are just far to strong for anyone at this level.

As for the Cale, if Dalziel haven't lost any boys from last year then I can't see past them. Who have Glasgow Harp added do you know? If Doune have their Striker back this season that was injured last then they will definitely be stronger. Giffnock are said to be weaker so it will be interesting.

What about the lower divisions? 
Larkhall and Stenhousemuir to be promoted in the Caley
No sure about the central but hopefully Wishy High and Mill U do well

Larkhall seem to have had a good pre season and will fancy themselves to get out of that division.

EKYM must fancy it. Cambria also after winning he west? Larkhall should be close.

In the central I think Steins for 1a and 1b looks quite weak. Blantyre Celtic maybe?

1 minute ago, HoofIT said:

I thought Cambria as well but not sure they were close last season in the league or year before. Played Blantyre Celtic yesterday and weren't great but it's early doors in pre season so time will tell.

EKYM must fancy it. Cambria also after winning he west? Larkhall should be close.

In the central I think Steins for 1a and 1b looks quite weak. Blantyre Celtic maybe?

34 minutes ago, TimMcVeigh said:

In what way where they lucky? Surely they where the best team over the course of the season?

A Lot of decisions went their way and caught teams on a bad day when they were missing players. They'll struggle without Stuart Crown this year. 

Goldenhill are the best team in the SAFL imo. I think they'll win it if they get their best team out on the park most weeks.

No mention of Thorn for Caley Prem? 2/3 of last season they looked like winning it until a bit of a collapse at the end.

Larkhall will skoosh Div 1A unfortunately. 1B is very hard to call it looks like a cracking league. I'd have Stenny and EKYM as favourites but I reckon there will be a lot of teams cutting each others throats in that league. 

Tynecastle for SSMFL with East Dumbartonshire being a surprise package.

Dalzeil were lucky last year.
Gartcosh for me. 

No team win a league by luck, possibly win a cup as it's on the day but a league is won over 20 + games. Gartcosh aren't even on the Caledonian set up so that's impossible.

Goldenhill are the best team in the SAFL imo. I think they'll win it if they get their best team out on the park most weeks.
No mention of Thorn for Caley Prem? 2/3 of last season they looked like winning it until a bit of a collapse at the end.
Larkhall will skoosh Div 1A unfortunately. 1B is very hard to call it looks like a cracking league. I'd have Stenny and EKYM as favourites but I reckon there will be a lot of teams cutting each others throats in that league. 

Good shout for Thorn actually

36 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

Agreed re goldenhill for SAFL already gubbed st.pats and greenock this week.

Thorn good side but too small a squad. Dalziel again.

Larkhall for caley 1a. 1b stenny/cambria but Callander are my outsiders. Central 1a Stirling/steins, bridgewater as my outsiders. 1b is very poor any team from about 8 could win it but I'll go for gartcosh/Blantyre celtic.

23 minutes ago, Paul M said:

Larkhall for caley 1a. 1b stenny/cambria but Callander are my outsiders. Central 1a Stirling/steins, bridgewater as my outsiders. 1b is very poor any team from about 8 could win it but I'll go for gartcosh/Blantyre celtic.

Wishaw High are looking ok at the moment, they'll be there or there abouts I think. Never thought about Gartcosh, coming from the caley premier you would think they'll be looking to win it.

Wishaw High are looking ok at the moment, they'll be there or there abouts I think. Never thought about Gartcosh, coming from the caley premier you would think they'll be looking to win it.

Gartcosh are a pretty decent side nothing great but I've only picked them because I honestly think the quality In 1b is poor. As regards wishaw I can't see it even with the new management team and turnaround of players.

1 hour ago, Paul M said:

No team win a league by luck, possibly win a cup as it's on the day but a league is won over 20 + games. Gartcosh aren't even on the Caledonian set up so that's impossible.

Saying it's impossible for Gartcosh to win the caley it's pretty disrespectful mate. 

Archived