Champions Elect v Alan Trouten and friends

8 minutes ago, Butch Coolidge said:

As for Balatoni, I mind him having a go at a roaster once only. Happy to be educated otherwise.

Dumbarton 4-4 Home draw and St. Mirren home defeat he had words with someone in the enclosure / stand, I don't doubt they probably were roasters, however he did seem pretty frustrated and angry towards the end, much like the rest of us...........

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't see McCall not playing Adams in these kind of matches. Albion, East Fife, Arbroath, Stranraer etc are games where the pitches might not be great and he'll be there to mix it up. McDaid Doc Crawford McGuffie is definetly a home midfield.

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Dumbarton 4-4 Home draw and St. Mirren home defeat he had words with someone in the enclosure / stand, I don't doubt they probably were roasters, however he did seem pretty frustrated and angry towards the end, much like the rest of us...........

Ah fair enough. I wasn't at the 4-4 game and wouldn't have heard or seen the enclosure/standside stuff. 

I can't even remember the opponents, but the time I was thinking of he had a go at someone on the North Terrace (a well known poster) who was giving the team abuse about 5 minutes in. Balatoni was pretty much just saying you're supposed to support the team.

But it's obvious you're right, he did have a wee habit of "fan interaction".

Ah fair enough. I wasn't at the 4-4 game and wouldn't have heard or seen the enclosure/standside stuff. 
I can't even remember the opponents, but the time I was thinking of he had a go at someone on the North Terrace (a well known poster) who was giving the team abuse about 5 minutes in. Balatoni was pretty much just saying you're supposed to support the team.
But it's obvious you're right, he did have a wee habit of "fan interaction".

Think it was the 4-1 Morton game at Somerset.

I'm all for fans talking back to the supporters that are giving them abuse. Regardless of how bad they are playing they're not paid enough to be shouted at for 90 minutes.

1 minute ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Think it was the 4-1 Morton game at Somerset.

I'm all for fans talking back to the supporters that are giving them abuse. Regardless of how bad they are playing they're not paid enough to be shouted at for 90 minutes.

The telly one? I wasn't at that so it couldn't have been that.

Personally I very rarely shout at our own players as would rather encourage them, especially the younger ones, however there are times when certain individuals looked as if they weren't trying a leg, or were in some sort of childish huff, in which case they would get both barrels !!!

But No, I agree, there are certain characters within our support who you'd think would rather see us play terrible and get horsed just so as they have an excuse for shouting abuse for 90 mins. Sad.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Personally I very rarely shout at our own players as would rather encourage them, especially the younger ones, however there are times when certain individuals looked as if they weren't trying a leg, or were in some sort of childish huff, in which case they would get both barrels !!!

But No, I agree, there are certain characters within our support who you'd think would rather see us play terrible and get horsed just so as they have an excuse for shouting abuse for 90 mins. Sad.

Unfortunately I think most clubs will have "this type" of "supporter(s)" :thumbsdown 

Would play same team as last week apart from replace mcguffie with Adams. Not that mcguffie deserves to be dropped but just a game where I think we might need big jamie in the middle of the park. Crawford out left where he has looked dangerous, and Mcdaid out right who has also looked brilliant. 

Buzzing for the game! 

24 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

It was the Morton game and it was Willie H that was at the centre of the Balatoni drama

I knew it was him but I was 100% at the game it happened and I was 100% not at that Morton game. Unless it happened twice. Quite possible when you think about it.

I'll go against the grain & say 2-1 Rovers. 

Rovers seem to have recruited fairly well & midfield of Fisher, Davidson & Holmes can compete with anyone in division.

marr is a good signing at back & Trouten is up there with anyone in league....Andy Ryan apart. 

I'll go against the grain & say 2-1 Rovers. 
Rovers seem to have recruited fairly well & midfield of Fisher, Davidson & Holmes can compete with anyone in division.
marr is a good signing at back & Trouten is up there with anyone in league....Andy Ryan apart. 

A midfield to compete against ours we'll see! Trouten is a decent league one player but miles behind our strike force or Raith's for that matter.

That said we'll end up over run in midfield and trouten will score the winner.

Archived