Champions Elect v Alan Trouten and friends

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I think one of them will at home as I imagine teams are going to come and sit in.

Teams are definitely going to start parking the bus if Ayr continue to bang in the goals, knocking lumps out the players is a concern as well.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Teams are definitely going to start parking the bus if Ayr continue to bang in the goals, knocking lumps out the players is a concern as well.

Not bothered about that, what I like about this team is that we have players who will be willing to stand up and fight too.

We don't really have anyone in the stating eleven who will be bothered about a physical battle - while we obviously have Adams, Geggan, Docherty and even Moore etc who seem to enjoy it.

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Not bothered about that, what I like about this team is that we have players who will be willing to stand up and fight too.

We don't really have anyone in the stating eleven who will be bothered about a physical battle - while we obviously have Adams, Geggan, Docherty and even Moore etc who seem to enjoy it.

That fight is going to be needed when they have to grind out one-nil away wins in shite weather, those type of games are going to be crucial to ensure they end up top come the end of the season.

What were Dunfermline fans talking about? That composure from Moffat at his goal [emoji7]

He had a couple of good finishes for us on his time, even looking at those highlights (which Ayr look brilliant in BTW) he should've scored twice before he did, one of them was the Moff we had at us, had the chance to get a shot away but shat it and wanted to pass. Really happy for him that he's enjoying his football.

Ayr must be feeling confident for the title.

He had a couple of good finishes for us on his time, even looking at those highlights (which Ayr look brilliant in BTW) he should've scored twice before he did, one of them was the Moff we had at us, had the chance to get a shot away but shat it and wanted to pass. Really happy for him that he's enjoying his football.

Ayr must be feeling confident for the title.

Moff always missed 2 or 3 before scoring all through his career. That said thought he was brilliant yesterday.
Confident about the league, yes, but Rovers will not be far behind us.

Having seen those highlights I'm in total disbelief that Ross Perry is still playing at a decent level in this country. He must be a lovely guy, because clubs clearly don't sign him for his footballing ability. 

Ayr playing some great stuff though, and banging in the goals for fun. Quite jealous of you guys dishing out pumpings every week :(

Having seen those highlights I'm in total disbelief that Ross Perry is still playing at a decent level in this country. He must be a lovely guy, because clubs clearly don't sign him for his footballing ability. 

Ayr playing some great stuff though, and banging in the goals for fun. Quite jealous of you guys dishing out pumpings every week [emoji20]

Makes a change from being on the wrong end of pumpings last season.

Ayr playing some great stuff though, and banging in the goals for fun. Quite jealous of you guys dishing out pumpings every week [emoji20]

Don't worry once you guys lose the play offs you'll get the chance to hammer the wee teams!

8 hours ago, RedEd said:

The tackle happened right in front of me. He went over the ball with both feet and the ref bottled it by giving him a yellow. As for our penalty, your keeper got his hand on the ball first.

agree it was a reckless challenge and could have been a red.. But you can see his other foot clearly on ground and got the ball - obviously went right over it and clattered the guy. 

Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 17.44.33.png

47 minutes ago, teekasule said:

agree it was a reckless challenge and could have been a red.. But you can see his other foot clearly on ground and got the ball - obviously went right over it and clattered the guy. 

Put the still up where the studs from his foot that's clearly grounded catch Crawfords shin.

1 hour ago, teekasule said:

His trailing foot came up just after that still. I saw it very clearly. But the leading foot is over the ball and should have been a red.  Anyhoo, what's done is done and we all move on.

His trailing foot came up just after that still. I saw it very clearly. But the leading foot is over the ball and should have been a red.  Anyhoo, what's done is done and we all move on.

Right in front of me. No contact whatsoever.
And nice to have Ayr visit again, what with their young lads singing the billy boys, shouting about Coatbridge kaffliks and getting thrown out of Owen's.

And nice to have Ayr visit again, what with their young lads singing the billy boys, shouting about Coatbridge kaffliks and getting thrown out of Owen's.

To say there was no contact just proves that you're totally blind. I can accept the argument that he got a bit of the ball but to say that there was no contact is just plain wrong. Not long after Crawford had to be taken off.
So if you were right in front of the incident your either biased or stupid or maybe both.

3 minutes ago, Big Chief Toffee Teeth said:

If that's what happened they do not speak for me, or the majority of Ayr fans. As the for the tackle, don't talk bull. There was contact, Robbie Crawford got a sore one. And if it was in front of you, why we're you in the away end?

If that's what happened they do not speak for me, or the majority of Ayr fans. As the for the tackle, don't talk bull. There was contact, Robbie Crawford got a sore one. And if it was in front of you, why we're you in the away end?

The tackle was rash, certainly, but no contact that I could see. Don't deny he got a sore one but think he may have turned his ankle riding the challenge. And, we only need an "away end" when Airdrie and the like visit. Stage left of the tunnel is a regular spot for Rovers fans -you may have spotted a former chairman/player and his chums there yesterday.
And yes, the vast majority of your crowd was fine; apologies for the cheap shot - it just irked me on the first league day of the season.

Archived