Champions Elect v Alan Trouten and friends

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Iain said:

Not sure I'd describe the Ayr penalty as 'ridiculous'. From the highlights it looks like whoever plays the ball first will get the decision, but it's a close call and you don't see it clearly. Might be right, might be wrong, but if the ref's made a mistake it's an understandable one.

At the other end, it looked to me like McLaughlin did himself out of a penalty with the flourish as he went to ground.

Doubt either decision affected the outcome.

If you were standing where I was standing you would, the lino had the same view and shat it IMO.

Good highlights package.

Thought Ayr were strong in all departments from keeper to upfront, very quick on the break and this won't be the only hiding they dish out this season.

Honestly didn't think Alan Reid's tackle on Crawford was as bad as Ayr fans were making out.

18 minutes ago, Vodka Vic said:

Good highlights package.

Thought Ayr were strong in all departments from keeper to upfront, very quick on the break and this won't be the only hiding they dish out this season.

Honestly didn't think Alan Reid's tackle on Crawford was as bad as Ayr fans were making out.

The tackle happened right in front of me. He went over the ball with both feet and the ref bottled it by giving him a yellow. As for our penalty, your keeper got his hand on the ball first.

Thought Rovers played some decent football at times. A much better side than under the previous regime.

I was right in front of the tackle and yes it was 2 footed but he did get a bit of the ball. However, in today's game probably a red card. That said I can understand why the ref gave a yellow. As for the penalty I shouted for it but keeper definitely got the ball first, the linesman had a perfect view and should have seen that.

10 minutes ago, RedEd said:

The tackle happened right in front of me. He went over the ball with both feet and the ref bottled it by giving him a yellow. As for our penalty, your keeper got his hand on the ball first.

Thought Rovers played some decent football at times. A much better side than under the previous regime.

Disagree Ed, I was in front of it as well and have watched it over in the highlights he definitely did not go over the ball. The ref for all his faults yesterday got this right- a yellow card for not being in control of the tackle. 

Agree on the penalty decisions - made zero difference to the outcome though.

Was more annoyed about the challenge on Adams - can't agree with McCall it was accidental.  Was nowhere near the ball and clearly went through him with his forearm.  The Rovers no 2 was very fortunate to avoid a red card given how high his trailing leg was.

The angle for the penalty isn't great, but from the other side of the pitch, it was blatantly obvious the keeper got the ball.  How the linesman missed that beggars belief.

44 minutes ago, Vodka Vic said:

Good highlights package.

Maybe because we saw where the studs on both boots went, it was a shocker, I love hard football but at least one of his feet only ever had Robbie' leg as its target.

15 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I was right in front of the tackle and yes it was 2 footed but he did get a bit of the ball. However, in today's game probably a red card. That said I can understand why the ref gave a yellow. As for the penalty I shouted for it but keeper definitely got the ball first, the linesman had a perfect view and should have seen that.

Aye, the top of it, the flyman's tackle and the ref bought it.

Very composed and for me MOTM, however, he did miss at least one chance one on one.

Yeah, I don't think that was a particularly easy one on one though - defender right on his heels with the goalkeeper out quickly. Difficult to finish that well.

What's all this rubbish "the player got a touch on the ball first". We here this week in week out by pundits on tv. So if you get the slightest touch on the ball, you can follow through and cut your opponent in half???????  There is no such rule as getting a touch on the ball negating foul play.

1 hour ago, Mgc1910 said:

Was more annoyed about the challenge on Adams - can't agree with McCall it was accidental.  Was nowhere near the ball and clearly went through him with his forearm.  The Rovers no 2 was very fortunate to avoid a red card given how high his trailing leg was.

The angle for the penalty isn't great, but from the other side of the pitch, it was blatantly obvious the keeper got the ball.  How the linesman missed that beggars belief.

Jamie won't forget who done him big style.

Get well soon big man, you have been superb this season.

53 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

What's all this rubbish "the player got a touch on the ball first". We here this week in week out by pundits on tv. So if you get the slightest touch on the ball, you can follow through and cut your opponent in half???????  There is no such rule as getting a touch on the ball negating foul play.

E.g. Doc's red at Dumbarton last year.

Four goals in his last four for McDaid.

Three goals in the last four for Moffat, and

six in his last four for Moore.

Not a bad combination, will be interesting what happens if we add Forrest/McGuffie in to form that front four.

Archived