Champions Elect v Alan Trouten and friends

So it's finally here. After our cup campaign I'm confident of a win, however I still remember the opener 2 years ago......

Fancy there to be a good support up and I think the team are up for this. Going for a solid 3-1 win to kick off the season. Team more or less picks itself at the moment.

Hart

Geggan Reid Higgins Boyle

McDaid Docherty Adams Crawford

Moore Moffat 

Subs: Avci, Ferguson, Gilmour, Forrest, McCowan, Murphy, McGuffie

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two years ago our promotion push began here. A loss and a win in the playoffs a few months later. Now a win and a trophy is on the cards.

Hart

Geggan
Reid
Higgins
Boyle

McDaid
Adams
Doc
Crawford

Moffat
Moore

3-0
Moffat, Moore and McDaid to score

8 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Chuckled when I saw the topic title!! :lol:

Wonder if this will finish up like the one Morton put on a few years back, "There's a good feeling down Cappielow way!

Everyone is well aware we are more than capable of making a complete arse of this. 

15 goals in 4 games, conceding a goal a game, I want McCall to do an Ally MaCleod and predict we will win the league and score over 100 goals and have a totaliser in the program showing the progress like we did in 87-88

Just now, Wee Sandy said:

Chuckled when I saw the topic title!! :lol:

Wonder if this will finish up like the one Morton put on a few years back, "There's a good feeling down Cappielow way!

To be fair, I think there is more than a hint of sarcasm in that title.  Last time we went to Albion Rovers feeling a bit puffed up about ourselves, we got humped.  

8 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

To be fair, I think there is more than a hint of sarcasm in that title.  Last time we went to Albion Rovers feeling a bit puffed up about ourselves, we got humped.  

;) You may be right about the hint of sarcasm, however, I think the GMFC at the time, post was serious.

Often in football that kind of hubris comes back to bite you in the butt!

This season could see both us and Ayr going on to win it, if anything you guys seem to have a bigger squad than us so that could prove pivotal in the long run.

So, in case that's how it turns out, I will not be starting a "good feeling down San Starko way" thread !!

1 hour ago, placidcasual said:

Where's decent for a pint between Whifflet station and the ground?

Would suggest St Andrews Bar , Sunnyside Road which is nearer Sunnyside Train station. Would be a wee bit of a detour via Whifflet Station

Would suggest St Andrews Bar , Sunnyside Road which is nearer Sunnyside Train station. Would be a wee bit of a detour via Whifflet Station

Yeah that's a bit out of the way. I stay in Mount Vernon so it's a lot easier to get to Whifflet. Thanks anyway. [emoji106]

4 hours ago, placidcasual said:

Where's decent for a pint between Whifflet station and the ground?

Owens is only 5 minutes walk according to maps its fairly decent. 

3 hours ago, Joma Boo said:

Can the thread title be changed please? At the very least the home team should be first.

Shocking error!

Well with the likelyhood of us outnumbering Albion it's kind of like a home game :shutup

:lol: Made a boo boo and it won't let me change :(

2 hours ago, Honestmen said:

Pish arrogant title and can only make us look like virginton & pals.

Was confident before i saw title....all this talk about titles lol

Not arrogant, Just better.

Archived