Arbroath v Queens Park

I can only get to Gayfield a couple of times a year, so some thoughts.

Night and day from the dire 0-0 I saw v Cowdenbeath last November. We've moved up a couple of levels. The new signings were great. TOB immense at the back, Denholm quick, clever and always a goal threat and Yule strong and oozing class in the second half. Doris my mom. Bullied the defence all afternoon and showed a surprising turn of pace for his assist. Pass marks at least for everyone.

If I want to be constructively critical, Hammy is a good player but tended to just boot balls up the wing in the first half. Should be looking for his midfielders. We tend to punt a lot of balls up to Doris, which makes sense given his strength, but that didn't work once Prunty came on - a bit of a worry if Doris is injured. Omar had a good game but his last ball or shot let him down a lot. A fit McCord should be an improvement over Whatley, but Whatley does work hard and provide balance. My only worry is what happens if Doris is injured.

As for physiogate, what an embarrassment.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/5/2017 at 18:14, 1320Lichtie said:

The physio didn't have anything else to occupy them and he was obviously told this by someone who does have the insight.

Atleast you've no resorted to calling him a fanny this time.

Fanny

On 8/5/2017 at 19:09, Mexico said:

My only real gripe from today is that it should've been more, it was so comfortable. Pretty bad crack from Queens that they were so outclassed they resorted to sticking the boot in though.

Whats the crack with the German flag captains armband?

We have a close relationship with a German side, SG Wattenscheid, and one of their fans started sending over captain's armbands, almost as a bit of a joke.  One is black and white (their colours too) and the other is the same colours as the German flag.  They both say "spielfuhrer" (roughly translated as "game leader") on them.  Now you know.

There was no pre-match agreement and that's the gen. Arbroath had a presence of sorts and a club doctor but no official physio.

Not even for head injuries

Archived