Arbroath v Queens Park

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that we have 2 very good keepers at this level so am confident whoever gets the nod to start the season. May also depend on the condition of Ricky.

Personally think skipper needs to miss out today & go with the following XI.

Gomes/Hutton

Gold Little Tob Hammy(c)

Kader Yule McCord Linn

Swankie

Doris

Kader was great against County. Think he's better in games like that though, against Raith and Ayr for example I'd play him purely for all the defensive stuff he does. Literally pops up everywhere winning the ball back, some boy for it.

Hutton should keep the jersey to be honest, unfortunate for Ricky but he was great against County.

I think we're a lot more physical than the last time we played QP, which should help. I'd keep Hutton in goals today regardless of Gomes' fitness, thought he was fantastic against Ross County, especially under the high ball, which is probably one of Gomes' weaknesses. Back four picks itself if everyone is fit. Linn and Denholm on the wings and as said above Yule and McCord in midfield. The lack of genuine competition in centre mid in the last few years might've hindered Whatley, so hopefully that will bring the best out of him when he gets the chance. Swankie playing in a sort of free role behind Doris and hopefully we'll do enough for the 3 points.

Aside from the assault on Stevie D that was s brilliant day down Gayf. Thought we were absolutely superb and should had more than the 2. Only really remember Hutton making 1 save and that was late on. Back 4 were very solid especially in the middle. Denholm eventually took his goal well and had s very good 90 minutes. Kadar ran himself into the ground and that's probably the best Iv seen him. Yule superb, Whately solid, Bobby decent. Doris was my man of the match. Bossed the 2 CB's and did brilliantly to set up the 2nd goal, what an effort.

Fantastic way to start the season

Doris is ok doctor looked at him just a bruise

That was comfortable. Hutton only had one save late on, could've had a few more too. Two goalscorers best players for me along with Doris, again... brilliant all day second goal summed it up.

So solid at the back today, I thought goldie was excellent. Great shifts from Yule, and Denholm. Running out of superlatives for the job Stevie does for us.

Thought queens missed McGeever something fierce. He was excellent for them last few times against us.

Really pleased. Couldn't have gone much better. 

Apart from the physio debacle...

Piss poor performance from Queens - seemed happy to punt the ball clear and even when we went down the midfield was continually bypassed - only counted ONE chance on goal.
Made them look better than they actually were but they were far better organised and deserved their win.

Archived