Alloa v Raith

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I've more of a problem with him shouting at Spence to be honest. When was the last time Barr actually did anything of use?

This is a different question, which some would see as a deflection from your original poser, do elaborate.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I've more of a problem with him shouting at Spence to be honest. When was the last time Barr actually did anything of use?

Just saying that today, been shouting at the crowd almost every game this season. But his shout to spence was ridiculous, especially coming from a boy that has done very little for a long time. 

This is a different question, which some would see as a deflection from your original poser, do elaborate.

I'm meaning he has a cheek to be moaning at Spence and Buchanan when he has been utter guff for the last 9 months.

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm meaning he has a cheek to be moaning at Spence and Buchanan when he has been utter guff for the last 9 months.

This would put all the retained players in the same boat, however, amongst the players that took a wage cut he gets stuck in and arseholes still have a go at him.

8 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Barrs hardly played any games through no fault of his own towards the end of the season because of yogi and has been out injured preseason .

Thought the strikers were poor today ...Spence target man ? Won nothing all day.

1 minute ago, rover1985 said:

Barrs hardly played any games through no fault of his own towards the end of the season because of yogi and has been out injured preseason .

Thought the strikers were poor today ...Spence target man ? Won nothing all day.

Who said spence was a target man?

3 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

This would put all the retained players in the same boat, however, amongst the players that took a wage cut he gets stuck in and arseholes still have a go at him.

Why shouldn't we have a go at him? He thinks it is OK to scream tirades of abuse at Spence for missing a difficult chance at Goal but we have to sit back and be quiet as he puts in yet another abject performance where he creates nothing and never threatens the goal. 

Spence puts in a better shift than Barr ever will.

Not sure how anyone could say Barr gets stuck in. I doubt he has won a 50/50 tackle in his career.

Still, we are now one game closer to the end of his contract so it's all good.

Just now, RR #1 said:

Why shouldn't we have a go at him? He thinks it is OK to scream tirades of abuse at Spence for missing a difficult chance at Goal but we have to sit back and be quiet as he puts in yet another abject performance where he creates nothing and never threatens the goal. 

Players do this all the time.

I recall John Baird shouting the odds all over the place. It's nothing to get out of shape about, players do this all the time, relax.

7 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

I'll put things another way.

If a player, any player, sees things going Pete Tong on the field, does he,

A, raise concerns on the field of play?

Or

B, wait until the game is over and the team is fucked and the opportunity to rectify problems has passed?

The way I see it, the answer is A.

Buchanan had a go at bene today for not winning a high ball. what a p***k!

Boaby was right. Spence should have scored but the keeper made a good save. His shout was more aimed at Vaughan though who decided to take an extra touch when the goal was there for him.

22 minutes ago, rover1985 said:

If he's being used as a target man then it's either a poor choice of tactics from the manager or poor decision making from the players. We all know he's not a target man given his physical stature. . 

If he's being used as a target man then it's either a poor choice of tactics from the manager or poor decision making from the players. We all know he's not a target man given his physical stature. . 

He's the most physical of our front 3. He put himself about as he has been asked to. I have no idea what kind of striker he is though. He doesn't seem to have improved since we had him before.

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I'm loathed to say it, however, the only forward we have who has the stature to act as a physical front man is Jonny Court.

I mean no disrespect, however he is just out of the U20's and the task is asking a lot of him.

Just now, grumswall said:

He's the most physical of our front 3. He put himself about as he has been asked to. I have no idea what kind of striker he is though. He doesn't seem to have improved since we had him before.

For me, he's best described as a penalty box striker. His composure is not always the best, but if the chance appears and he doesn't have to think too much about it, he usually does OK. He isn't a target man and nor is he a back to goal striker. 

That's how I remember him from last time, anyway...

I thought today was really interesting to be honest, and definitely exposed some weaknesses, on both sides.

As predicted, for Rovers, the tiny squad is an issue, while for Alloa, they've no idea how to cope with an even remotely average travelling support.

Probably because they're owned by a Tory who owns one suit, who didn't want to employ another turnstile operator.

As for Raith, our shape for the first half was a shambles.

Euan Murray is an emergency left-back, which is fine, but sticking him behind an emergency left midfielder in Ross Matthews is asking for trouble, which is exactly what happened.

It was interesting that Barr stripped after 35 minutes, then Smith changed his mind. He should have made it, as it would have made a immediate improvement.

The next issue is the fact we've one wide player, (Barr) and that's it. We can't play it long as our forwards are so small, and we're not precise enough to pass it through the middle.

Also, there's no goals in our team except from Spence, Buchanan and Vaughan, which is better than most, but still, we're heavy reliant on them.

Oh, and Barr's reaction when we scored, and everyone was celebrating, but he was clutching the ball and was desperate to get everyone back for the winner was brilliant. Fair play to him.

Play like that most weeks and we'll win more often than not. That said, I don't think that type of performance will win the league.

29 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Spence puts in a better shift than Barr ever will.

Not sure how anyone could say Barr gets stuck in. I doubt he has won a 50/50 tackle in his career.

Still, we are now one game closer to the end of his contract so it's all good.

From what I've seen from preseason I struggle to see what you think spence has done so great ...to me standouts preseason were vaughan and buchannan .

Or are you spence haha?

We will see at the end of the season ...too early in the season to be judging

Archived