Alloa v Raith

Slow start cost us today and the was really down to the formation. No idea if Matthews was meant to be playing wide left or more central but whichever it was it just didn't work, especially with a left back who isn't really a left back playing behind him. Changes at half time made a difference and Barr should be in that team every game.

We played poor away at a ground where we never play well and which will be tough for teams all season. In the grand scheme of things this season I think a point will be a good result.

Favourite moment today (other than goal) was Barr shouting at Buchanan and Spence telling them to just "f*cking score".

Worst moment that penalty decision or lack of decision. Thomson was at least a yard in the box. Truly awful decision from the lineman and ref.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least Barry Smith will have got some bottles today from the glassworks, the fanny b*****d.

Oh well Raith fans at least you can go home to your council flats and enjoy the sunshine on the couch in your front gardens.

3 minutes ago, BigMartyn86 said:

At least Barry Smith will have got some bottles today from the glassworks, the fanny b*****d.

Oh well Raith fans at least you can go home to your council flats and enjoy the sunshine on the couch in your front gardens.

Absolutely raging.

Doing that at the moment. Drinking Birds and Bees from Alloa Brewery to celebrate our undeserved draw.

3d757331cafb5d4c44c25e1aefbf2172.jpg

The amount of space number 2 for alloa got in the first half was horrendous, managed to get too close to the box on too many occasions. Second half was better but not too disheartened, still early in the season and one of the harder away games.

Vaughan's celebration after his goal was outstanding and pretty much shot down anybody who mentioned the possibility of him leaving within the last few weeks.

He's absolutely loving his football right now which he proved with his celebration.

Apart from that, meh. I wouldn't say anyone else played that well today. Midfield kept losing the ball with easy passes.

Buchanan was hopeless. Spence worked hard but very little came off for him again. Barr and Court looked half decent I suppose.

Alloa were really solid today but offered very little going forward. I have a feeling we'll see a lot of that this season. Team's managing to get that first goal then just sitting back.

tapatalk_1500454132734.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Vaughan's celebration after his goal was outstanding and pretty much shot down anybody who mentioned the possibility of him leaving within the last few weeks.

He's absolutely loving his football right now which he proved with his celebration.

Apart from that, meh. I wouldn't say anyone else played that well today. Midfield kept losing the ball with easy passes.

Buchanan was hopeless. Spence worked hard but very little came off for him again. Barr and Court looked half decent I suppose.

Alloa were really solid today but offered very little going forward. I have a feeling we'll see a lot of that this season. Team's managing to get that first goal then just sitting back.

Have to disagree although not too potent i believe we went for the second for the rest of the game and brought on two forwards, hardly parking the bus !! only in the last ten minutes did we try to play it out (and failed ).

43 minutes ago, BigMartyn86 said:

Ooft. Been practicing that line all week, aye?

I thought we done ok in the end. We looked the better side even though we were far from our best. Team lined up far to narrow and Spence and Buchanan played to close to one another. Definitely deserved atleast a point. I had a perfect view of the foul on Thomson and it was definitely inside the area. Tremendous scenes when Vaughan scored. 

Quite enjoyed that today. I'd have taken a point before the game and although the late equaliser was a bit of a sickener, it was deserved.

We're a bit of an enigma up front. None of Fleming, Malcolm or Renton have scored a competitive goal yet, and none of them looked like finding the net today either. And yet I wouldn't say any of the three of them had a bad game. Cawley and Graham were best for me, Crane did well at left back as well.

Archived