Ok, now for the real stuff

glensmad

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

Real stuff? Most clubs will still be using this as pre season

The reaction to the offside goal, pitch invasion, balls up by the ref, price of a pie etc etc on P and B will show that the real stuff has arrived

Real stuff? Most clubs will still be using this as pre season

Yeah clubs who have had to recruit nearly a whole new team like yourselves some team are more settled .

Glens guy is right a trophy is up for grabs and that's what it's all about in football this cup was fantastic for us last season really enjoyable where we took a few hundred to the final (a lot for us) .

Winning it gave us the belief and confidence to go on and have a great season. Kilbirnie it had the opposite effect but that's football different sides react differently to early season success.

One thing for sure is my own team will be treating this seriously as will a good few others

will be interesting to see what they do with it next time. Hopefully it gets scrapped outright.

In the meantime it's still a trophy that (a couple of) clubs might want to win and it's an excuse to get out and watch a meaningful-ish game or two so we might as well make the most of it.

I'm aware of that, my team is one of them not playing on Wednesday. But that doesn't mean the season hasn't started.

So are you visiting ur 2nd favourite team then?

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Let's hope so.

Alas it still will be IMO heard that some club were against scraping it for the 'big pay day' and I dont mean district league sides it was top league ones who were against it.. shocked me to be honest.

Alas it still will be IMO heard that some club were against scraping it for the 'big pay day' and I dont mean district league sides it was top league ones who were against it.. shocked me to be honest.

Just don't travel to the away games then . That's what we've started doing . Clubs will soon realise the fans don't want it when the takings go down

6 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Real stuff? Diddy cup pish thread for this.

For a newly formed team like clydebank surely any trophy success is what your after to build a history very surprised you treat any cup as a Diddy cup.

Archived