Ok, now for the real stuff

glensmad

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

For me, it's down to the fact that the sections have become so predictable - I know a lot of it is down to geography, but the same teams can only play each other so many times before it gets old. The Sectional only really serves a purpose to keep half-forgotten semi-local derbies on the calendar if the sides find themselves in different divisions.

Before a ball's kicked most people have got a fair idea who's going to win five or six of the eight sections as well, which leads to the other sides in each group taking it less than seriously and as an extension to preseason...supporters also have got bored with the current format going by a lot of the attendances.

It's just one of those competitions which has run its course in its current format. It heats up a bit once you get to the usual suspects in the quarter finals, but that's about it.

Spot on.

For me, it has even taken the edge off the lie - lok games, as we're playing against each other 3 times minimum.

At the end of the day , no player pulls on a shirt to lose , whether that be a friendly , the ardagh or central version of it , as soon as that first whistle has been blown it's game on and let's win this .

I don't see referees getting an easy time of it after a mistake as " it's only the ardagh cup "

Football is football , as soon as kick off is reached then it's let's win lads , ive never saw any player acting as though they don't care .You play to win in every single game .

At the end of the day , no player pulls on a shirt to lose , whether that be a friendly , the ardagh or central version of it , as soon as that first whistle has been blown it's game on and let's win this .

I don't see referees getting an easy time of it after a wrong decision as " it's only the ardagh cup "

Football is football , as soon as kick off is reached then it's let's win lads , ive never saw any player acting as though they don't care .You play to win in every single game .

8 hours ago, theshed said:

I don't see referees getting an easy time of it after a mistake as " it's only the ardagh cup "

Maybe the supporters should start taking the same attitude...

Think this should just go straight into a head to head knockout rather than the mini league format.
Roy won this last season and even though it may not have been that big a deal in the league stages...ask any player Rob Roy or Shettleston player playing in the final and they will tell you it ment a heck of a lot to them.

Just a heads up that it seems - according to the SJFA site - that the following kick off times are not the standard 6:45pm tonight:

Petershill (7:30pm)

Port Glasgow (7:15pm)

Renfrew (7:30pm)

Just a heads up that it seems - according to the SJFA site - that the following kick off times are not the standard 6:45pm tonight:
Petershill (7:30pm)
Port Glasgow (7:15pm)
Renfrew (7:30pm)

Cumnock is also a 7.30 ko.

Oh well - it's the start of the season, it's a Wednesday night and it's pishing down. Still beats sitting in the house and watching European qualifiers.
Here we go again...let's rock...good luck everybody... [emoji4]

Summer fitba [emoji299]

Archived