• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Thebat said:

Sir Stephen out injured! Will not be playing tomorrow 

If this is true we all know he will be a huge miss but if he was gonna mispassed ame this would be the one I would choose. We should still have enough to see us passed Brechin.

On 01/08/2017 at 22:47, 'Steve said:

Will miss this one due to a wedding as will a number of City regulars so don't think there will be much of a travelling support unfortunately. Would have been nice to have a decent crowd down for our first game back in the Championship.

My grandfather lives just up the hill from Palmerston with a spare room waiting for me and even I can't make this!  (currently sitting on a rig waiting for a Sunday morning chopper, exciting weekend ahead) 

Brechin without McGeever, Lynas and Dale through suspension. All 3 probably would have started if they were available so that's a blow. Not sure how far away Watt is, hopefully be there or thereabouts next week?

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

That's the spirit. 

Our record against part-time teams at Palmerston under Naysmith is 

Last season - Ayr D (0-0) Dumbarton L (1-2). This season - East Kilbride D (0-0) Albion Rovers D (2-2).

A game that both sides will feel they need to get something from (to stay in the league!). For us, we've got to be winning the home games against Brechin. First game of the season or not, if we don't win tomorrow I'll be extremely worried. Brechin have nothing to fear though and should really be having a go. Having said that, if they park the bus they're guaranteed at least a point. We couldn't find a way past EK when they did it so Brechin would cruise through.

Ideally a postive performance and 3 points but I've seen nothing so far to suggest we'll see this combination any time soon.

Quite nervous about the game, even with it only being first game of season it's a real marker for how our season could go if we fail to win. Listening to Naysmiths interview last week he knows the problems we have so hopefully he's been addressing them, the lack of a signing or 4 still worries me tbh but we'll just have to deal with what we've got.

I'd prob go :-

Martin

Rooney Fordyce Brownlie marshall

Murray Rankin Jacobs Stirling

Dobbie Dykes

Not really convinced the team has enough, but hoping Brechin seemingly having 3 out suspended it'll be. I'd quite like us to go a 4-2-3-1 at the moment but doubt it'd happen. Tapping misses out for me as he's looked rank in all honesty, I know what rankin gives us is a bit of leadership at least on the park and Lyle because I just think he could be done going by what I've seen hopefully I'm proved wrong.

Quite nervous about the game, even with it only being first game of season it's a real marker for how our season could go if we fail to win. Listening to Naysmiths interview last week he knows the problems we have so hopefully he's been addressing them, the lack of a signing or 4 still worries me tbh but we'll just have to deal with what we've got.

I'd prob go :-

Martin

Rooney Fordyce Brownlie marshall

Murray Rankin Jacobs Stirling

Dobbie Dykes

Not really convinced the team has enough, but hoping Brechin seemingly having 3 out suspended it'll be. I'd quite like us to go a 4-2-3-1 at the moment but doubt it'd happen. Tapping misses out for me as he's looked rank in all honesty, I know what rankin gives us is a bit of leadership at least on the park and Lyle because I just think he could be done going by what I've seen hopefully I'm proved wrong.

I'm not usually a big fan of 4-2-3-1 as it too often turns into 4-5-1 with the lone striker isolated (see just about every Scotland game in the last 10 years). Given we've only defensive central midfielders to choose from it would make sense for us just now. Rankin and Jacobs sitting with Carmichael, Murray and Stirling in behind Dobbie actually sounds pretty good on paper.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

FTFY.

You've got a short memory, have you forgotten his performance against St.Mirren at Palmerston last season?  I think he's still dizzy from the runaround he got that day.

Anyway, onto today's game and I hope the players have not been reading the P & B site as the general negativity about the season ahead will surely have them wondering if it's worth turning up. There was much scepticism and dread before the start of last season and that proved unfounded (for a short time at least). I'm confident that Gary will have the boys well prepared, morale will be high and we can get the season off to a winning start as a confidence builder for some tough games ahead. With a bit of positivity from the supporters I'm sure the players will respond. Queens to win today by three clear goals, even if Dobbie is unavailable.

(These hypnosis sessions on positive thinking that I've been attending seem to be working anyway)

Archived