Listen every team will get 12pts and bonus goals against us .. We re not set up too win matches and sadly committees decided to accept defeats and balance books .. harsh but true ...Us season ticket holders just have to go along with it ..I m not blaming Dods either .I ll get crucified for that statement .. But after previous disasters thats where we are as a club .. 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we needed a reminder as to how tough this season is going to be for us then this is it. With all due respect to Queens they are probably one of the weaker full time sides in the league and they were without their star man and first choice keeper, yet we've been beaten comfortably.

It's worrying how many goals we are shipping despite playing with 5 at the back.

Onto next week. Need to make home advantage count this season that's for sure.

Seems like the post above covers it, but how did Brechin look? I'm fully expecting them to be our main rivals this season, but I wasn't expecting them to lose heavily to a Dobbie-less Queens.

They were awful. Andy Jackson looks ok but their defence was shambolic. Everything was just punted up to the front two.

Very accomplished performance from us that was as good as it was unexpected. We played at a far higher tempo than either of the two cup games I was at and reaped the rewards.

We have a tendency to try and give the ball to Dobbie at all costs when we get into forward areas. Hopefully today has given the players a bit of belief that they can do things themselves. I'd probably still play him next assuming he's available!

Brechin looked completely toothless up front and very poor at the back. They should have been looking to get something today with our poor home form, missing star man and rookie goalie. They never looked close to troubling us. Credit where it's due their goal was a very well worked move, but it was the only positive thing they did all game.

9 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Dodds defensive tactics are useless,what a twat.When will he realise its not going to work.If we are going to get hammered every week at least go out attacking and try to win instead of being negative.

Its not Dods he done his bit and guided us to promotion against all the odds . Its committee not backin him we need blooming strikers and and a big midfielder ... They gave him job and left him with 4 signed players and now they ve not backed him ...

We are where we are and there are gonna be loads of days like this .. But i agree we need to attack more .

Anyway, onto today's game and I hope the players have not been reading the P & B site as the general negativity about the season ahead will surely have them wondering if it's worth turning up. There was much scepticism and dread before the start of last season and that proved unfounded (for a short time at least). I'm confident that Gary will have the boys well prepared, morale will be high and we can get the season off to a winning start as a confidence builder for some tough games ahead. With a bit of positivity from the supporters I'm sure the players will respond. Queens to win today by three clear goals, even if Dobbie is unavailable.
(These hypnosis sessions on positive thinking that I've been attending seem to be working anyway)

Anybody would have thought you had a crystal ball reading that post!

Ps. Can I have the details of your hypnosis sessions please??! [emoji23]

It is difficult to draw any firm conclusions from that display as Brechin looked way out of their depth and were way behind the quality that say Alloa
and Cowden had recently as PT teams in this league.

I would say that unless Brechin BOD make some decent signings they will become cast adrift at bottom.

That said we did our job well and it begs the question why we couldn't win our two home games against EK and Albion.

Thankfully GN didn't stick Carmichael wide left and he and Murray both did well supporting the strikers and generally keeping better possession.

Disaster with keeper injury - Leighfield looks nervous and inexperienced.A Robinson recall or an emergency signing for Tannadice.looks favourite.

Stirling showed enough in his brief appearance to suggest that he will do well for us.

Was that Leighfield's debut? In which case he did all he could, he'd no chance for the goal. He came and punched away a dangerous cross which showed confidence (we got a foul anyway but he wouldn't know that).  That was probably the best game he could have chosen for a debut (sorry Brechin). Martin definitely out for next week, interesting decision to make, suspect we will go with experience, United away might be a bit more difficult.

We played well today. Created plenty chances, although ironically it was catastrophic defending that led to at least the second half goals. I thought Murray had an excellent game, and the much maligned Dykes put in a good shift.

That's us top, only 35 games to go....

Archived