Sons v Ton

51 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I quite like it actually. Then again given I grew up with the Strathclyde Homes Stadium so I can't say I give two damns about what the Rock is called. If it's sponsored it's earning us a wee bit extra income, and that can only be a good thing.

I'd be quite happy for you to come along, sink however many thousand pounds into the club and call it TurbineTon Park, or the Gavin Gunning Community Stadium.

19 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

Who's Gavin Gunning?

15 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

That tragedy probably funds a couple of players for us. If that's the difference between staying up and going down they could call it the Peter Tobin Dome for all I care.

I have many issues with how our board deal with things but the sponsorship of the stadium and it having a silly name certainly isn't one of them.

Shite radio station, shite stadium.

Gavin.jpg.6b5a5e3227abe7f5921d8e0bed17e2bc.jpg

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moving on from this scintillating and original patter, we've been linked with Lawrence Shankland in the paper today. Would be rather hilarious to see him come off the bench and net the winner on Saturday, but outside of that I can't say I have much enthusiasm for signing him. Hopefully it remains paper talk.

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Moving on from this scintillating and original patter, we've been linked with Lawrence Shankland in the paper today. Would be rather hilarious to see him come off the bench and net the winner on Saturday, but outside of that I can't say I have much enthusiasm for signing him. Hopefully it remains paper talk.

I always thought there was a player in there. I fear it may be poor attitude.

Steven  Dobbie came to Sons with the Same reputation 

Just saying 8)

9 minutes ago, Young gun said:

I always thought there was a player in there. I fear it may be poor attitude.

Steven  Dobbie came to Sons with the Same reputation 

Just saying 8)

The difference being we were in the bottom division, if we were in League 2 I'd take Shankland no problem.

25 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Aside from the fact he's absolutely horse shit, these kind of guys always come back to haunt us. 

He wasn't in the greatest of shapes with us, so i'm not sure how it'd work out with his lack of pre-season. 

1 minute ago, TurbineTon said:

Aside from the fact he's absolutely horse shit, these kind of guys always come back to haunt us. 

He wasn't in the greatest of shapes with us, so i'm not sure how it'd work out with his lack of pre-season. 

Sounds like he's been training at a few clubs over the summer. But I agree, if he can't get himself fit when he was playing football every day I'm not sure going part time will help that. The words Aitken used makes me think he might not be interested in him anyway and he's just commenting on a player he's been asked about.

Every time you post that photo it just makes me laugh that Morton are sponsored by sweets, not even good sweets.. sweets that you'd be ragin at getting when you're trick or treating.

Trick or treating? Get your Americanisms to f**k.

Interesting (or boring, whichever you prefer) stat courtesy of the Sons24 articles on our website, Morton are the second most prolific away team at our current ground (The Tobin Dome), having scored 25 in 19 visits. Only Raith Rovers better that with 27 in 14 visits (and still somehow managed to lose a large number of those games!). 

So, after 4 cup games, Craig Barr, Dougie Hill, Stuart Carswell, Grant Gallagher, Tom Walsh and Christian Nadé have all been unavailable at least once, and tomorrow Kyle Hutton and Danny Handling will join that list.

That's a crazy dosage of bad luck. I can see Wardrop coming in at RB for Smith (given Stevie seemed to prefer McCrorie ahead of him last season) but I'd be more inclined to try something like this:

Scott Gallacher

David Smith Andy Dowie Dougie Hill Chris McLaughlin

Craig Barr Sam Wardrop

Ally Roy Tom Walsh Chris Johnston

Christian Nadé

Roy's not great defensively, but playing two defensively minded guys behind him should give him cover. He's been one of only a few bright sparks going forward for us, and actually looks like he might be able to create something. Mango is needed in centre-mid with Carswell, Hutton and G.Gal out, and Wardrop's legs should hopefully help cover for Dowie and Hill's lack of pace.

I suspect that Wilson and Stewart will both start however. Probably in place of Roy and Smith in my team, with Wardrop moving to right-back.

I'm also looking forward to tomorrow now. I wonder how long that optimism will last.

Gallagher.

smith      Dowie,      Hill,     McLaughin.

Barr.      Prior.

roy.             Stewart.        Walsh.

Nade.

Archived