Sons v Ton

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Ho hum, another day and another hissyfit from the board's resident wee fanny. You've become a parody of yourself now, vt; worse, you're repetitive and boring.

Like it or not, what you said was a huge stretch, comparing a decent player who has done little in the game so far to a man who had several seasons at the top in Scotland and is still remembered and talked about in the media and by football fans throughout the country. As I said, that would likely have happened wherever he played. Had he been allowed to move on he just might have kept his enthusiasm and whatever motivation he had for a while longer and thus played at a high level for longer, so whatever point you're scrambling to make is hardly relevant. 

Will Gunning ever be talked about in such a way thirty years on (apart from by you of course)? Maybe - but I doubt it.

Gunning's gone and he's unlikely to be back. Get over it. And get over yourself while you're at it.

The only person in desperate need of getting over something is yourself, as that absolutely furious breakdown about Sir Gavin demonstrates. 

1501637060957.jpg.9d416e75f65a49c0b9d2ce6867efc071.jpg

24 minutes ago, virginton said:

The only person in desperate need of getting over something is yourself, as that absolutely furious breakdown about Sir Gavin demonstrates. 

Every time you post that photo it just makes me laugh that Morton are sponsored by sweets, not even good sweets.. sweets that you'd be ragin at getting when you're trick or treating.

39 minutes ago, virginton said:

Hmm. Looks like what constitutes an "absolutely furious breakdown" on your home planet is wildly different to that applying on Planet Earth........

23 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

Every time you post that photo it just makes me laugh that Morton are sponsored by sweets, not even good sweets.. sweets that you'd be ragin at getting when you're trick or treating.

Rong 'un.

34 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

At least its relevant to our fan base and Morton fans could support them by buying Millions etc.

Skyview Capital- a privately held investment firm from Los Angeles. WTF?? 

39 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

Millions are great. f**k you.

6 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

In Scotland it's called guising - and has been for centuries, since well before we exported the tradition across the pond. Why we should adopt their name for it is beyond me.

On 7/30/2017 at 19:08, BallochSonsFan said:

We're caught between a rock and a hard place.

In an ideal world prices would be capped. Personally I think £15 would be the maximum amount that should be charged in our league, with £18 in the top flight, £13 in league 1 and a tenner in league 2.

If we were to drop our prices across the board then would we see an increased capacity at Dumbarton home games? Almost certainly not in sufficient numbers to make up for the lost income. If it was a straight up choice of 700 fans paying £20 or 1000 paying £14 then its clear that we'd go for the numbers every time. Numbers generate atmosphere. Numbers generate interest. Numbers give us a fanbase we can do things with.

In reality we'd draw no more than 800 home fans and end up losing nearly £3,000 a game.

Dumbarton, the Vale of Leven, Helensburgh and the surrounding areas really don't care about our club. Thats the big problem we need to address. Unfortunately recognising it is only a small step. How do you actually go about getting fans along to their local club? How do you stop the cars and busses that go to Glasgow every other Saturday to go to the Your Radio Stadium? The utterly ludicrous sight of a banner with the words "Dumbarton Loyal" in the AWAY end of our ground. The complete fucknuttery of locals wishing our club went bankrupt because we dared to sign Ian Durant as assistant manager and he happened to play for the half of the old firm that they don't support.

Price is a small part of a massive problem and the fans who do go end up paying dearly for it.

There's your issue right there. Fucking tragic. 

Just now, TurbineTon said:

I quite like it actually. Then again given I grew up with the Strathclyde Homes Stadium so I can't say I give two damns about what the Rock is called. If it's sponsored it's earning us a wee bit extra income, and that can only be a good thing.

I'd be quite happy for you to come along, sink however many thousand pounds into the club and call it TurbineTon Park, or the Gavin Gunning Community Stadium.

That tragedy probably funds a couple of players for us. If that's the difference between staying up and going down they could call it the Peter Tobin Dome for all I care.

I have many issues with how our board deal with things but the sponsorship of the stadium and it having a silly name certainly isn't one of them.

Archived