Livingston v Dunfermline

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Byrne has been brilliant all last season, obviously went through a bad personal patch but he's came out it stronger than ever. I'm sure he'll have a point to prove on Saturday as well.

Our defence + Alexander look pretty solid, without decent firepower I'd doubt they'd be heavily troubled. Gallagher and Halkett are possibly one of the best CB pairings in the league and Lithgow has actually looked decent recently somehow.

Big strength for us though is the midfield, constantly running and shutting down every player. Byrne, Keaghan and Pittman work so hard every game, Pittman especially though, he's been one of our best players since stepping up from the juniors - now into 100+ appearances for us is incredible.

We can be versatile up front, I'd like to see Mullen and Carrick up top, playing a fast paced game with the ball on the ground but in reality we're likely to go with a top two of Mackin + Mullen. Mackin showed some real ability against Airdrie so could likely play well with Mullen who wins a lot in the air for his height as well. Peters' has looked decent as well and Todorov can bully defences so we have flexibility.

Will be interesting to see if Knox will play, looked amazing against Sunderland and in the cups. Just depends on if Cardiff make a fair whack of an offer with Nottingham Forest and Crystal Palace interested. That being said, they could also be taking Mullen (less likely than Knox I've heard).

I'd take a draw but I can see us possibly winning this 1-0

7 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Byrne has been brilliant all last season, obviously went through a bad personal patch but he's came out it stronger than ever. I'm sure he'll have a point to prove on Saturday as well.

Our defence + Alexander look pretty solid, without decent firepower I'd doubt they'd be heavily troubled. Gallagher and Halkett are possibly one of the best CB pairings in the league and Lithgow has actually looked decent recently somehow.

Big strength for us though is the midfield, constantly running and shutting down every player. Byrne, Keaghan and Pittman work so hard every game, Pittman especially though, he's been one of our best players since stepping up from the juniors - now into 100+ appearances for us is incredible.

We can be versatile up front, I'd like to see Mullen and Carrick up top, playing a fast paced game with the ball on the ground but in reality we're likely to go with a top two of Mackin + Mullen. Mackin showed some real ability against Airdrie so could likely play well with Mullen who wins a lot in the air for his height as well. Peters' has looked decent as well and Todorov can bully defences so we have flexibility.

Will be interesting to see if Knox will play, looked amazing against Sunderland and in the cups. Just depends on if Cardiff make a fair whack of an offer with Nottingham Forest and Crystal Palace interested. That being said, they could also be taking Mullen (less likely than Knox I've heard).

I'd take a draw but I can see us possibly winning this 1-0

Pretty sure we said something similar about our central defence after winning League One and we started off shipping ridiculous goals all over the place. 

Just now, Salvo Montalbano said:

Pretty sure we said something similar about our central defence after winning League One and we started off shipping ridiculous goals all over the place. 

Could be really naïve of me, pretty likely in all honesty.

Who were the two you had?

It changed often. Ben Richards-Everton was pretty much a constant starter. His partner at CB was either Lewis Martin, Marc McAusland, Callum Fordyce or Brad McKay. The start of last season it changed frequently as well. BRE was way out his depth and Fordyce didn't look as if he'd recovered from his bad injury. Mistakes everywhere. Ashcroft always looked solid. Now that we have Ashcroft and Morris, we have a pretty solid CB pairing. 

Started off with Lee Ashcroft, recently signed from Kilmarnock (and one of our best performers last season) and Ben Richards-Everton, who I didn't particularly rate but many did. Callum Fordyce, who you'll probably remember, was injured but came back in a few games later. To be fair we did have David Hutton in goals too...

Gallagher and Halkett looked very good when we were last in this league, they were just in the same team as shite like Darren Cole. Think being a bit more settled and generally having a better team this time round should allow them to show how good they are. 

Haven't been to any of the pre season or cup games but not believing that Lithgow has looked decent until I see it :lol: Still think we need another CB in though considering our only back up is Todorov, a striker.

Mackin  -  Mullen

De Vita  -  Byrne  -  Pittman  -  Jacobs  -  Mullin

Lithgow  -  Gallagher  -  Halkett

Alexander

44 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Gallagher and Halkett looked very good when we were last in this league, they were just in the same team as shite like Darren Cole. Think being a bit more settled and generally having a better team this time round should allow them to show how good they are. 

Haven't been to any of the pre season or cup games but not believing that Lithgow has looked decent until I see it :lol: Still think we need another CB in though considering our only back up is Todorov, a striker.

Mackin  -  Mullen

De Vita  -  Byrne  -  Pittman  -  Jacobs  -  Mullin

Lithgow  -  Gallagher  -  Halkett

Alexander

Possibility of Knox over Mullin too, Hopkin did say he sees Knox as first team material if he stays.

That being said, Gallagher was good at Dundee in the Premiership, only stepped down to us thanks to his court case. He's been teaching Halkett really well I feel and mentoring him.

Will feel like we're back in League One, playing absolute diddies and outnumbering the home support.

This billy big baws attitude won't work with us I'm afraid, when you were in League 1 you were finishing below the likes of Peterhead and Forfar. :lol:

That season was quite funny. It was always interesting to see how many central midfielders we could cram into the team. Playing three or four guys in the right back position never quite caught on either. Potter a bit ahead of his time.

We are a bit under the radar. We improved our points tally in each successive quarter and in the last six games only Hibs bettered our form (on goal difference). We've not got the strength in depth of Falkirk or Utd but should be confident against every other team. 

Archived