Sat. 29th July friendlies scores

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, .Stuart. said:

But weird for 2 teams in the same league to be playing a friendly together.

Originally meant to be playing Shettleston which got cancelled.

Maybe nobody else available but not sure as it does seem a strange one.

17 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

St Andrews 5 Petershill 4. Not a big fan of friendlies but this was a belter.

Some poor results pre-season for Peasy. Goalkeeper did not look too 

clever first half on Wednesday. Been told Steven McNeil has got his release

and has had three approaches from clubs. Been putting in goalkeeping sessions

away from the club with some excellent coaches:). Can play as a trialist up

to the knock-out stages of the Sectional League Cup.

Some poor results pre-season for Peasy. Goalkeeper did not look too 
clever first half on Wednesday. Been told Steven McNeil has got his release
and has had three approaches from clubs. Been putting in goalkeeping sessions
away from the club with some excellent coaches[emoji4]. Can play as a trialist up
to the knock-out stages of the Sectional League Cup.

Don't think we've been able to field our strongest team yet and fielded our teams mostly with trialists. So not worrying yet hopefully get everyone back before the start of the sectional.

Enjoyable day as always at Rutherglen. Nice people.

The scoreline flatters Hurlford slightly and Glens looked threatening in bursts all game and I'm fact would have been one up were it not for a very poor lino decision in the first ten minutes. Ford's new signings are starting to gel, although its always so difficult to tell in friendlies. Looking forward to the Ardagh starting at Medda on Wednesday.

Good to meet you today, and that's a fair assessment of the game, as I also hope my report is. Although I'm told the disallowed Glencairn goal after 5 minutes was indeed offside. Gerry's video will reveal all.

27 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Good to meet you today, and that's a fair assessment of the game, as I also hope my report is. Although I'm told the disallowed Glencairn goal after 5 minutes was indeed offside. Gerry's video will reveal all.

Good game to watch.Glens defence too small lost 3 goals from corners.Very good goals for Hurlford may I add.

glens number 7 Hardy? was excellent.

Hurlford brought a young kid on at half time Sam ?.Playing left back.Different class.Never wasted a pass.Sorry to say this,you will struggle to keep him.Tidy player.

Based on this match Hurlford looked very good.

Glens not bad,they have a very big squad,need to beef it up a little.

Good day out

5 hours ago, dulingo said:

Good game to watch.Glens defence too small lost 3 goals from corners.Very good goals for Hurlford may I add.

Hurlford brought a young kid on at half time Sam ?.Playing left back.Different class.Never wasted a pass.Sorry to say this,you will struggle to keep him.Tidy player.

Good day out

Michael Hardie is far too good for that level of football. His issue is his attitude.

Good day out

Sam Lidington, ex-Killie youth player is on a season's loan from Stranraer, so we'll defo struggle to keep him [emoji12]

I also thought he looked classy but the real test will be if he can handle the physicality of the juniors.

Michael Hardie is far too good for that level of football. His issue is his attitude.

Yesterday was his first appearance for Glencairn after signing a week or two back. Perhaps you can share what you know about his attitude ?

Good day out

To be fair, we didn't have what I regard as our first choice defence on the field together at any point in the game yesterday, and We've only lost one other goal in pre-season to a "cross and header" type scenario. Hurlford were very clever how they worked their set pieces yesterday. I was impressed with them, particularly the way in which they switched play from side to side very quickly.

We have lost 4-0 two weeks in a row going into the season which is disappointing, but we need to remind ourselves that we were playing two teams from not just the league above us, but the top of the league above us. We have a wee bit to go to be competing at that level yet. But I've seen enough from us in pre-season to believe we will compete well at our current level.

Archived