Charlie Gard

Romeo

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm just back from tying a babygro to the railings out side the shops, because I'm not on Facebook.

Not on Facebook? How is anyone supposed to know what a caring person you are? Away out and get his physiog tattooed on your leg and don't come back until you have some proper evidence of your compassion. 

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm just back from tying a babygro to the railings out side the shops, because I'm not on Facebook.

What colour was it?

54 minutes ago, throbber said:

At least Romeo has stuck to one name in his time on this forum you pedantic c**t.

You started early on the weekend pinot grigio tough guy? Better hope the girlfriend doesn't find out. 

You started early on the weekend pinot grigio tough guy? Better hope the girlfriend doesn't find out. 

I did actually go out for a few beers when I finished work at 1 o clock.

8 minutes ago, throbber said:

I did actually go out for a few beers when I finished work at 1 o clock.

Should be alright,  I doubt she'll notice if she can't tell the difference between lamb and pork. 

Iv been having a debate/conversation with my wife over the past week or so regarding this. Being that she's pregnant I do hope that our child comes into this world healthy and I do feel for the family in this and every case where they lose a child as I can only imagine how horrific it must be.
In this case though I think the parents have not covered themselves in glory. It was obvious for a while that the poor boy was not going to make it. If it was me and I knew this, I would like to spend every possible last moment with my son rather than going and spending all these hours in court fighting the doctors who have been doing their best for my son. What gives the parents the rights to think they know better than the doctors, I get the whole 'trying to keep their son alive etc' but surely letting the wee guy die as peacefully and painless as possible should have been the priority. Not wasting hours and money in court giving the good doctors, who do their best for each and every one of us every time we are ill, a bad name. The judge in the case was put in an impossible position and must have been the hardest decision they have had to make. I feel for the boy and the family as it is an horrific situation to be in. But if it was me I would have focussed on my son and not the media/court/doctors/America/fundraising etc.

14 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Iv been having a debate/conversation with my wife over the past week or so regarding this. Being that she's pregnant I do hope that our child comes into this world healthy and I do feel for the family in this and every case where they lose a child as I can only imagine how horrific it must be.

I'm not even sure if 'healthy' is the issue here.  You can read on the P&P Thread about parents/step-parents who have much-loved weans with some obstacles but they are a joy and have an excellent quality of life.  This wasn't the case for the wee bloke.

I'm firmly of the view that the parents were duped and were given false hope.  You can understand them wanting to try anything - but I'm sure they were mislead.  The excellent Melanie Phillips article posted by ICTChris certainly indicates this.

As for you and your Mrs?  Almost certainly everything will go well.  I'm having a day 'up London' with my 18 year old tomorrow and we'll do some shopping, see some sights and have a meal with her god-father.  I was anxious as f**k before she was born and during the birth...but all worked out well.

Archived