Inverness CT v Dundee United | 5/8/17

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies for not researching this properly but for the game on Saturday where is the best pub to meet in before the game? Two of us travelling from Dundee but meeting two who are already there. Any recommendations?

12 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Apologies for not researching this properly but for the game on Saturday where is the best pub to meet in before the game? Two of us travelling from Dundee but meeting two who are already there. Any recommendations?

If you are wanting to catch some football that might on around lunchtime and some food Auctioneers and The Exchange are decent bets. Both in the centre of town. The Black Isle Bar has a load of craft beers, ales etc but is quite pricey.

The Caley Club is cheap and runs a bus to the game as well. £3 for a return ticket. Last season we had a load of Killie fans in there so I am sure they won't mind a couple of away supporters.

The Innes normally has a few ICT fans in as well and there is often a minibus that runs you down to the ground and back for £1 but this doesn't always run.

Lastly, if you have some spare time before kick off the supporters bar inside the ground has some basic food and drink for supporters. Away fans are usually allowed in so long as they have their ticket.

Taxis to the ground for two folk would probably be less than a fiver each.

6 minutes ago, RiG said:

If you are wanting to catch some football that might on around lunchtime and some food Auctioneers and The Exchange are decent bets. Both in the centre of town. The Black Isle Bar has a load of craft beers, ales etc but is quite pricey.

The Caley Club is cheap and runs a bus to the game as well. £3 for a return ticket. Last season we had a load of Killie fans in there so I am sure they won't mind a couple of away supporters.

The Innes normally has a few ICT fans in as well and there is often a minibus that runs you down to the ground and back for £1 but this doesn't always run.

Lastly, if you have some spare time before kick off the supporters bar inside the ground has some basic food and drink for supporters. Away fans are usually allowed in so long as they have their ticket.

Brilliant, cheers!

General word of warning for away fans - I think we are still persisting with this buy the ticket before you go through the turnstiles business we started last season so United fans will need to queue up at the portacabin / shop to buy a ticket and then queue up at the turnstiles to get into the ground.

General word of warning for away fans - I think we are still persisting with this buy the ticket before you go through the turnstiles business we started last season so United fans will need to queue up at the portacabin / shop to buy a ticket and then queue up at the turnstiles to get into the ground.

Yeah it is the new annoyance in Scottish football, so many clubs are doing this now. We got our tickets earlier this week to save any hassle!

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Ignore all that. If you want to see one of the finer establishments in Inverness head to The Keg on Barron Taylor Street...... 

2 hours ago, stumigoo said:

The Phoenix bar, just down from the bus station is very good for food & drink at reasonable prices. Away fans are always welcome.

:guinness

On 2 August 2017 at 08:39, RiG said:

Auctioneers and Exchange best for live football? Looking to watch the Celtic v Hearts game before-hand. 

Auctioneers and Exchange best for live football? Looking to watch the Celtic v Hearts game before-hand. 

I prefer Auctioneers myself. It'll be full of Inverness Celtic fans sadly. Glory hunting fucks.

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

I prefer Auctioneers myself. It'll be full of Inverness Celtic fans sadly. Glory hunting fucks.

If I am decked out in tangerine (but well behaved) will I be left alone in peace or will I be huckled out in shame?

I certainly won't be making the trip to Inverness, a lovely place though it is.

Quite an important opening game with ICT being one of the unknown quantities this season.  As the recently relegated team with Premiership experience they should be one of the league's 'big' teams but even their own fans seem to think they have issues that need addressed.

A positive result from this game would be a huge boost for us, particularly given the injuries and suspension.

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

I prefer The Exchange personally as it's usually less neddy.  I was in the new sports bar on Queensgate called the Dog House today.  Nice inside and quite hipster for a sports bar.

There's a new sports bar opened called the Dog House.  It's on Queensgate and its where Osbournes used to be.  There's not a day goes by where I don't think about that place.

Archived